March 28, 2024, 09:59:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Why hook BeatStep up to MicroBrute?  (Read 3111 times)

SoundGoddess

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Breaking the 5th wall to travel faster-than-light!
    • Water Wraith
Why hook BeatStep up to MicroBrute?
« on: September 02, 2015, 07:26:37 am »
Can someone explain to me why you'd hook up BeatStep to the MicroBrute since MicroBrute already has a step sequencer?

I just ordered my MicroBrute and already have a BeatStep so I'm curious what all I can do with the combination of the two that I can't do with MicroBrute by itself? 

Can you automate other parameters of the MicroBrute with BeatStep other than just using it as an alternative keyboard?  Can you get interesting sequences from using both sequencers at the same time or something?
Hardware: Keylab 49, MicroBrute, BeatStep, SparkLE, Spark

Software Synths: V-Collection 4 Update, SynthMaster, Massive, Hive, Serum, Enzyme

DAW: Bitwig Studio

syrupcore

Re: Why hook BeatStep up to MicroBrute?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 10:27:57 pm »
Can you automate other parameters of the MicroBrute with BeatStep other than just using it as an alternative keyboard?  Can you get interesting sequences from using both sequencers at the same time or something?

Yes and yes. You can automate any of the MB's CV ins. You could also use the beatstep as a 'song' sequencer for the MB's sequencer by sending a single note to every bar in the MB's sequencer which will transpose the MB. So, if you had a one measure bassline sequence in the MB, you could send C, D, F, A from the BeatStep clocked at 1/4 tempo to have it change the bassline to those root notes every measure.

syrupcore

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 10:28:29 pm »
Oops. That post was from 6 months ago. :) So, SoundGodess, how did you hook them up?

gegatron

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 10:23:05 pm »

Yes and yes. You can automate any of the MB's CV ins. You could also use the beatstep as a 'song' sequencer for the MB's sequencer by sending a single note to every bar in the MB's sequencer which will transpose the MB. So, if you had a one measure bassline sequence in the MB, you could send C, D, F, A from the BeatStep clocked at 1/4 tempo to have it change the bassline to those root notes every measure.

My friend! My best buddy! Tell me more please  ;D ;D ;D

What setting, I am assuming in MCC, will have BS send notes to Sequencer in MB? This seems like a very nice thing. I want to learn. I am still new to these 2 pieces of heaven. And want to learn. Thank you!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines