April 20, 2024, 07:39:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Rush's Camera Eye Sound Replication  (Read 4419 times)

greddin

Rush's Camera Eye Sound Replication
« on: September 01, 2015, 04:44:51 pm »
I recently purchased the Matrix 12V.  I'd like to be able to reproduce the synth part at the beginning of Rush's Camera Eye song.

https://youtu.be/lwDQGkjG1FM

I know very little about synth programming but to my ears is sounds like a saw tooth type wave with some layering.  The main element of this sound though seems to come from some type of delayed LFO oscillation?

From what I read, this patch came from an earlier Orberheim model synth.  Not sure which.  Shouldn't the Matrix 12V be able to recreate this sound?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Or better yet, already have programmed this patch  :)

Thanks,
-Greg

LBH

Re: Rush's Camera Eye Sound Replication
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 05:52:37 pm »
I recently purchased the Matrix 12V.  I'd like to be able to reproduce the synth part at the beginning of Rush's Camera Eye song.

https://youtu.be/lwDQGkjG1FM

I know very little about synth programming but to my ears is sounds like a saw tooth type wave with some layering.  The main element of this sound though seems to come from some type of delayed LFO oscillation?

From what I read, this patch came from an earlier Orberheim model synth.  Not sure which.  Shouldn't the Matrix 12V be able to recreate this sound?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Or better yet, already have programmed this patch  :)

Thanks,
-Greg

Yes that sound like sawtoots. And for instance Matrix should be able to do this quite well.

Some directions perhaps use:

1. Saws
2. A great amount of resonance
3. Perhaps S&H and/ or several other LFO modulation to create the movements.
4. Time, patience and your ears etc....

One of Matrix Brass sounds might be a good starting point.

Good luck. Let's hear the result. :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines