March 28, 2024, 12:32:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark library disappeared + won't sync in midi control center +now won't activat  (Read 5966 times)

Artpig

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Man this is frustrating!
   #1 All of a sudden my library is gone on my Macbook Pro yet remains on my Mac Pro. Deleted Spark on Macbook Pro and reinstalled and still no library...Works fine on Mac Pro except for sync. What do I need to delete to start fresh? Preference files?
   #2 When it was working it wouldn't let me sync in Midi control center ever on either computer. Beat step + Beatstep pro + Minilab -no problem- Only Spark. Why?
   #3 Now Software center won't let me log in now even though I am logged in to My Arturia page.
   #4 Spark will now only let me run in Demo mode (with no library)
   #5 Keeps asking to update to latest firmware- I already did that...
   #6 Midi control Center "preferences" does (shows) nothing. Why?
   #7 Tech support is awful! I emailed them 3 times 11 days ago! No response! WTF?
I like the concept and sounds of this equipment but damn! So buggy! Analog Lab crashes constantly etc
I am at a loss...They need phone techs cause this email thing ain't working!

ArguZ

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Artpig ? man , that low

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Hey.

Here is the process to completely uninstall a plugin on MAC.

[NOTE : If you happen to have created custom user presets, please let us know before doing the following procedure and we will explain how to back them up]

To completely uninstall a program from a MAC computer please delete the following folders :

/Library/Arturia/<instrument>
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/<instrument>.vst
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/<instrument>.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/<instrument>.component
/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins/<instrument>.dpm
/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/plugins/*.aaxplugin
/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/plugins/Arturia/*.aaxplugin
/Application/Arturia/<instrument>.app
/Application/Arturia/<instrument> MIDI control Center.app

Then try to reinstall, and keep me informed if it fixes your issue.

Do not hesitate to create a ticket on the support section of our website.

Best Regards

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

Artpig

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Eduard, Thanks for your help. Where to begin? I tried deleting those files you mentioned but that did not work.Some of those files were not there. When I reinstall Spark it says installation failed and yet Spark is there. When I start it, it only lets me run in demo mode. Arturia software center won't let me log in-keeps saying "email or password is wrong" I never changed that..Why can't I sign in? I can sign into "My Arturia" no problem.
 I created several tickets days ago (over a week) and have not heard anything back...Case # 233617 and 234842
This is really frustrating. I can't believe that I can't just erase this program and start over -fresh!

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Hi , have you had any luck so far getting into the asc. maybe try turning off your firewall incase it blocking the Asc . or go to HD/library/arturia/arturia software centre and delete id.ascd

then reopen the asc and input you id again

hope it helps

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Artpig

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Terrym, I deleted the id.ascd file and that did not work. Then i deleted ASC including the library/ files and reinstalled ASC only to get error 1-comunication error. My firewall is off and has alway been off...I don't  understand why I can't delete all these Arturia files and start over? Short of reinitializing this laptop  (which I would rather not do for obvious reasons) I am really perplexed...

Terrym

• Global Moderator
error 1 means theres a problem with your Asc not accessing the internet do you have any other programs running like little snitch which is blocking  ASC from connecting to the internet. have you tried disk utility to fix any problems with mac permissions .
i have seen this before and its normally your computer.

terrym

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

Artpig

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
No Little Snitch or anything that I can think of...Repaired disk permissions...trashed ASC again...shut computer off...reinstalled ASC...did repair permissions again...got error 1 again...this is baffling!

Artpig

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Here is a screenshot of activity monitor after I turn on ASC.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
How are you connected to the internet? wired or wirless? have you tried another account like a guest account log into that and see if you can open asc and log in
TerryM

Artpig

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I am connected thru a wireless connection  that has NOT changed since I first got this computer and installed all the Arturia stuff...It worked for a while and I was a happy camper. One day I turn it on and error 1...What do you mean by a guest account? Through my service provider or through Arturia? If the problem is my laptop then why does ASC give me the option to "register" again and send me to the Arturia page without error1? This is really starting to piss me off!

Terrym

• Global Moderator
Hi have you had a reply from arturia yet?  when i mean guest  account  i mean your mac guest account or make another user account and see if you log into there and open the ASC can you log in?  are you using any strange symbols in your pass word as the ASC did have a problem a while ago with this . the web site uses a different port to connect than the ASC . i think somewhere the port to the asc is blocked
could be your router or comp worth a thought.

regards

Terrym
TerryM

Artpig

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
No reply... Tried guest account...no symbols etc At this rate maybe by the end of the year I will get this to work...In all my 30 years of playing with synths, drum machines, computer programs- Opcode etc I have never experienced such poor tech support! You ask for help, send a message and DAYS later you get a response. The idea that you can't talk to a damn human to get help is beyond ridiculous! I would gladly pay some $ to get a phone tech. I have been trying to figure out these issues since August 26. I am ready to sell Spark or use it a paperweight at this point. As an owner of more than 40 drum machines and 100 synths, this is the only one that has to use a damn computer to run, Why? Spark should be a stand alone unit with line outs. All the sounds should be inside it! I mean my Roland V Synth Gt works alone plus you can edit on a computer as a BONUS. Why not with Spark? The integration of Spark with a computer host + lack of tech support makes me want to hurl...As I google my issues with Spark I see that I am not alone. I guess that makes me feel better somehow...

Terrym

• Global Moderator
Hi, did you try deleting all ASC files from hd/library/arturia/arturia software center

then reinstall ASC

Its strange that you can log in on the site but not via the ASC

what about in the activity monitor /network
does it show it as sandboxed or not  you can add sandbox by right click in an empty header box
take a screenshot for me
TerryM

Artpig

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Terry, I have deleted and reinstalled those files several times-not happening. I disconnected WIFI and ran ethernet cable-not happening. Reinstalled Yosemite (did not reinitialize drive)-nope. NO sandboxing see image.
 I bough this laptop so i could use all my Arturia stuff in different rooms. If all else fails I will wipe this drive clean and start all over- but only as a last resort...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines