April 26, 2024, 08:38:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Random weirdness in melody seq, long notes in 64 step seq  (Read 2313 times)

Lu77

Random weirdness in melody seq, long notes in 64 step seq
« on: August 17, 2015, 07:32:32 pm »
So I was trying to record a melody sequence live. I'd get weird notes, all the gates would close up for the whole sequence, one note wouldn't record, each loop I'd try to record in that note but it wouldn't take it.

I gather some of this is because two notes might be held down simultaneously. But really none of the above should be happening. My sub 37 has none of these issues with the sequencer.

Very disappointed.

Not a great musical tool at this stage because it's so unresponsive and produces such random behaviour.

sbDigisound

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Random weirdness in melody seq, long notes in 64 step seq
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 02:11:10 pm »

Sounds the same as me -

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=84972.30

are you using 5 pin MIDI out from BSP?

Lu77

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 02:59:36 pm »
Yeah, you mentioned sometimes the pattern won't clear, I've had that issue too. I

've had to manually put notes in using the knobs, fixing the velocity which is in no way reminiscent of how I played the notes, fixing the gate which just does what it feels like

then the whole machine glitches and the whole thing started playing three octaves down with gates at 1. Just for fun.

I've been sick so haven't had a chance to hook up to other instruments yet. But midi to volca shouldn't be this problematic.

Lu77

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 03:43:57 pm »
Attached video.

Having velocity up to 127 on all steps makes a difference. The main line you hear a difference in is the volca, you can see that just hitting the record button changes the whole character of the sound and even makes it miss notes.

Meanwhile the volca bass sounds like it's drunk, seems a bit off beat to me, which it shouldn't be.

I don't mind these problems if someone actually explains the issue and how to fix it. But I find the manual useless, and frankly there was a long enough testing period for this sh$& to be picked up. And at least documented as to what setting you'd need for devices A B and C.

http://youtu.be/owWN-WfIK98
Watch when I press the record button in this vid.

RichMakeGame

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 08:57:25 pm »
do your volcas have pattern info in their current states? try clearing the volca current patterns, and motion sequence data

Lu77

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 09:04:53 pm »
Already done. As demonstrated and mentioned by others This is not a volca issue. It is a BSP midi issue.

RichMakeGame

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 09:20:19 pm »
have you tried changing the BSP transport output channel for 'stop' 'record' and 'play'? They send midi CCs on that channel of 51, 50 and 54. A look at the volca keys midi chart shows that 51 and 50 are EG DECAY/RELEASE and EG SUSTAIN. Could be something

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines