March 28, 2024, 10:05:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: windows 10 compatibility?  (Read 3006 times)

urban fox

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
windows 10 compatibility?
« on: August 11, 2015, 10:08:04 pm »
hi, has anyone had chance to check arturia products for compatibility with the new windows 10 from Microsoft yet?  :)

holding fire at present, as windows 10 seems to have many compatibility issues, particularly daws and similar music making software. only current option is to dive in, suck it and see. so I suppose that's why Microsoft are offering windows 10 upgrade for free, from windows 7 or 8.

recommend you resist urge to upgrade until the likes of Steinberg are happy with windows 10.  8)

ok, heres an update, so lets dive in...

I finally upgraded to windows 10 home last week, both on my wifes laptop and my main desktop. both I use for making music as a hobby. I have not yet tried all my arturia software, concentrating first on mini v. works fine in standalone form, using asio4all asio sound driver. all working same as for windows 7 home premium. I use Steinberg Cubase essentials 5 as a daw. so tried miniv plugin vsti here. again using asio4all asio sound driver. again works fine.

next I need to do a more lengthy test to check for any lock ups. (re my other post about locking up after period of inactivity....) will let you know.

Steinberg apparently worried about setting sample frequency for non asio drivers, I have not yet tried this.
also they were doubtful about video editing using apple quicktime in their more expensive flagship daws. I haven't tested this either.

BUT. subject to these comments, it seems to work for me, and I cant see any problems that relate to arturia software. :)

and now an update to the update...

did a more lengthy test, windows 10 more robust than windows 7. over 40 minutes left standalone miniv running but inactive. the system went through a couple of periods of heavy disk activity, presumably anti virus scans etc. miniv performance degraded gracefully while the system was busy elsewhere, and full performance returned once the system was no longer busy. no freezes. so... happy bunny. enjoy your music making, brothers and sisters| :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:55:56 pm by urban fox »

PeteWawr

Re: windows 10 compatibility?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 06:47:44 pm »
Seems that nobody cares about this in Arturia  :) ... totally lack of information from them... even short announcement that someone trying to check the products.

urban fox

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: windows 10 compatibility?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 01:31:57 am »
I think we have woken arturia up now, there is evidence they are conducting some tests of their own, with no problems so far.

I have now satisfied myself that my 6 synths by arturia are happy with windows 10. but if you want to wait for official news from arturia, watch their separate forum entry on windows 10 compatibility. hope I have helped you. :) regards from urban fox.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines