April 24, 2024, 01:42:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BeatStep Pro USB Port Fail/Quality of Customer Service  (Read 2523 times)

SjonP

BeatStep Pro USB Port Fail/Quality of Customer Service
« on: August 11, 2015, 05:59:20 pm »
Hello,

My name is Sjon (pron. like Sean or Shawn) and I am new to the Arturia community.  I have a setup with the 4 Korg Volcas and had been anticipating receipt of my BSP preorder from Sweetwater since April as it seems like the perfect sequencer to tie all the Volcas together.  My brief experience playing with the sequencer was excellent but within a week of receiving the BSP the USB port became loose, would not hold the cable and I could no longer reliably power the unit.  It took three e-mails to the Arturia U.S. support address before I finally got a response and an RMA.  I have since sent my unit to StepTimeware in Bellingham, WA and, other than my FedEx tracking confirmation, have been unable to get any communication about the progress of the repair.  It is already frustrating to have new gear immediately go to the shop for a component that tends to outlive the batteries of most cell phones I have owned but the meager communication from Arturia is not helping. 

Have any other users had an issue with the USB port and is minimal communication regarding customer service also typical of Arturia?  I am starting to regret that I didn't just send the BSP to Sweetwater for exchange or repair as my experience of their quality of customer service has been much more satisfying. 

Thank you in advance for any insight.

SjonP

Re: BeatStep Pro USB Port Fail/Quality of Customer Service - RESOLVED
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 05:29:30 am »
Hello Again,

Just received a new BeastStep Pro today with a solid USB port.  Thank you Arturia!

Best,

Sjon Pelletier

RichMakeGame

Re: BeatStep Pro USB Port Fail/Quality of Customer Service
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 03:28:22 pm »
W00t! Glad they sorted it out for you

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines