April 25, 2024, 05:33:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can you change the octave of the pads?  (Read 7686 times)

saintjoe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Can you change the octave of the pads?
« on: August 10, 2015, 01:12:31 am »
Quick question I can't seem to find a definitive answer to so far.

Can you change the octave of the pads in drum mode, or can this only be done through the control center? Hopefully I'm missing something simple as it's very easy to
change octaves in sequencer mode so the pads can send different notes, but I don't seem to see how this is done when in drum mode.

RichMakeGame

Re: Can you change the octave of the pads?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 04:16:52 am »
the drum part doesn't really have a concept of octaves, since you can map any pad to any note - it just happens to be initially set up chromatically. Unfortunately there's no way yet to dynamically set pad mapping without connecting to the pc, which would be nice

saintjoe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 08:27:26 am »
Yeah I figured that, was just hoping I was wrong really lol. Thanks though.

Having to manually change the note/mapping each time you want to trigger something different is not something I plan on doing at all, not quite sure why they didn't make this easier, at least with the chromatic and general MIDI layouts.

jrnmv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 09:09:38 am »
beware drum mapping notes in the MCC is buggy and does not transmit the right notes in custom mapping mode.

hopefully this gets fixed ASAP.

the other thing that's a bummer is the inability to go into the lower octaves on the drum pads. for instance, I can't sequence an accented kick on a 909 b/c that particular note isn't available on the BSP. I realize there a ton of workarounds via DAW but it sort defeats the purpose esp when there's supposed to be "custom" mapping.

saintjoe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 07:35:35 pm »
Yeah, it would have been much better with a simple octave up/down option

PeterWolf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 05:51:18 pm »
I didn't experiment any bug in the MCC while changing midi drum notes, but i've seen that you can't affect notes lower than 46 (or something like this), which is not a problem for me for sequencing an old tr626 in which you can also change notes per drum.

by the way, some people is asking for some improvement in the drum section
- change not only note but also midi channel per pad (only way to use Volca beats or sample)
- affect different midi notes (and channels) per pad AND per project so each of your project (i.e. track) can have its own drum sounds

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines