April 19, 2024, 12:33:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Import Presets by Folder  (Read 4191 times)

artur_fontinha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Import Presets by Folder
« on: August 08, 2015, 01:55:12 am »

Hello there!

I just bought a new computer and I'm trying to import a big list of my presets from the old computer I to the new one!

Is there a way to import a folder of presets instead having to import them one by one?

Thanks,

Artur

LBH

Re: Import Presets by Folder
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 03:32:24 am »

Hello there!

I just bought a new computer and I'm trying to import a big list of my presets from the old computer I to the new one!

Is there a way to import a folder of presets instead having to import them one by one?

Thanks,

Artur

How can you find and import single presets in Analog Lab?

I'm thinking:
In the hidden folder ProgramData (You need to enable to see hidden files) there is a big database file i guess is the presets (Perhaps named Labo2) and a backup databasefile. Can't you just copy those files to your new computer and place them in the macthing folder? (I would rename and keep the new files before placing the old files in case it don't work.)

artur_fontinha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 12:20:34 pm »

Hi LBH!

So, I tried your clue, but with no success!

Arturia should definitely consider developing this kind of "import by folder", otherwise is quite boring to have to spend hours importing each preset that you have created.

Thanks either ways for writing!

Best,

Artur

LBH

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 01:51:11 pm »
Hi artur_fontinha,

To bad it did'nt work. Similar works for other Arturia synths. I have tried theta. Thanks for reporting back.
I understand now it's only about your own exported preset's. Sometimes i'm a bit slow :D -
And yes it's not possible to work with preset banks in Analog Lab. Only with seperate preset's.
(I'm not using Analog Lab that much. Mostly use the seperate plugins where yu at least can create export and import banks.)

In general it's hard, time consuming and a pain for a fast workflow etc. to work with preset's in Arturia's products.

I know Arturia is aware of this. But even so both the new Matrix and Solina is using the same system and they hav'nt changed anything. They have to make it better. Other manufacturs can. So why not Arturia

Best

LBH
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 01:54:16 pm by LBH »

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 09:31:32 am »
I'd also really like to see improvements here.
In particular, I'd like a way to synchronize the preset catalogs of Analog Lab and any fully installed synths (full V Collection here) such that if you create a preset in a standalone synth, it automatically updates into Analog Lab.
Also, within the standalone synths, it sure would be nice if there was a ratings and favorites system.
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines