March 28, 2024, 01:40:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: link patterns + mute individual drum + multistep on/off  (Read 8111 times)

atte

• a773.dk
link patterns + mute individual drum + multistep on/off
« on: August 06, 2015, 04:24:24 pm »
Hi

There are three things I expect(ed) the BSP to be able to but cannot figure out.

1) Pattern switching is immediate, I need a way to "finish current pattern, then switch". Related would be a "next pattern" value, -1 for random, 0 for loop current, 1-16 for selecting which pattern to play next

2) It doesn't seem possible to mute individual drum sounds/channels

3) I accidently discovered that pressing a low step, then a high step on the seq tracks turns on all steps in between. Firstly it doesn't seem to work on the drums track, secondly, the reverse, pres high step, then low step for turning steps in between off would make this feature much more logical and useful.

I'm on firmware 1.1.1.6
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 10:06:05 am by atte »

Xirso

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: link patterns + mute individual drum + multistep on/off
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 05:52:01 pm »
1) "Pattern switching is immediate", i would hope another possibility too. Like selecting the last step (it's already possible) then press shift and << or >>to select a pattern, and the pattern will only change when passing on the last step. And the possibility to choose the pattern number with external program change or cc. I ask my self if it's possible via software modification or if this is a hardware limitation? Have somebody found a work around for this behavior?
2) Good news, it's possible, press and hold drum, then press and hold mute, then a pad corresponding to the drum track you want to mute, the pad corresponding to the muted track will light on.
3) This feature is used to put a tie value, between all the step you press. It replace the gate value by a tie. Drums track == no gate value, so in drum mode no tie value too. But in drum mode, it would be interesting to put different step with the same method. Finally, it would be cool to hold shift and press two steps to reverse the statue of the steps between them a step on=off,a step off=on.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 05:54:39 pm by Xirso »

RichMakeGame

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 07:40:58 pm »
Drum tracks do have gate values though, i find it a real shame theres no ties for drums. Plenty of drums or samplers have a sustain phase you might want to hold over several steps

Xirso

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 08:27:13 pm »
Thanks for the clarification, I was thinking that the drum seq was sending trig, but it sent gate. Like you, I don't understand why there's no ties in drum mode.

atte

• a773.dk
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 10:15:43 am »
Hey, great about the mute individual drums feature, sorry I overlooked that :P

I looked around and it seems the "finish pattern before switching" is a much requested feature. I really hope Arturia will add this, and soon  :)

RichMakeGame

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 11:18:31 am »
Hopefully it's implied, but along with change at pattern end I really hope there's also 'start next pattern on step 1'

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 11:46:57 am »
It's on the dashboard !!

atte

• a773.dk
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 11:47:15 pm »
It's on the dashboard !!

That's the best news I heard today, thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines