March 28, 2024, 10:33:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Disable the SEQ mode ?  (Read 4515 times)

Pascal

Disable the SEQ mode ?
« on: August 03, 2015, 10:56:37 am »
Hi,

I am trying to use my BeatStep as a simple Midi Controller. It works well except for the Stop and Play buttons that triggers the Sequencer. Of course I am in CNTRL mode with the Red lit buttons but still the Play buttons triggers the Sequencer (there is a blue lit Step that goes from step 1 to step 16). Once started the Sequencer sends Midi notes that interferes with my Midi Mapping.

Is there a way to disable the Sequencer ? I could not find anything in the MidiControlCenter. I wanted to reset the BeatStep to its factory settings in case I has messed up something but I could not find how to that either.

Thanks.

Pascal

paddydrumbo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Disable the SEQ mode ?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 11:10:08 pm »
Hi,

I am trying to use my BeatStep as a simple Midi Controller. It works well except for the Stop and Play buttons that triggers the Sequencer. Of course I am in CNTRL mode with the Red lit buttons but still the Play buttons triggers the Sequencer (there is a blue lit Step that goes from step 1 to step 16). Once started the Sequencer sends Midi notes that interferes with my Midi Mapping.

Is there a way to disable the Sequencer ? I could not find anything in the MidiControlCenter. I wanted to reset the BeatStep to its factory settings in case I has messed up something but I could not find how to that either.

Thanks.Pascal

Hi,  got the same problem here, no use for the sequencer and just use these excellent pads to trigger sounds from my other gear (not computer based).   This solution is NOT out of the Beatstep manual, but maybe you could use it until something better comes along:   (Sorry about the size the picture, you'll need to scroll it. :-)

best regards
  Paddy
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:18:00 pm by paddydrumbo »

mindbeet

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 06:11:50 am »
Please make this doable...  :-*   :D

Of course one could turn off the steps in sequencer mode before switching to control mode.
And also by turning on external sync the sequencer wont start...

But that only gives me access to the play and stop buttons for midi.

What if I could use every button (cntrl/seq, ext sync, recall, store, shift and chan)
to send midi and turn off the internal functions? That would make it a great midi controller...

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:22:54 am by mindbeet »

yoyz2k

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 07:32:56 am »
Please make this feature.
Or release the firmware source code.

Phil_G

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 08:25:23 am »

YES source code please! Arturia make aesthetically pleasing hardware that's really well made but they can't code for sh1t.

Torben Scharling

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 10:11:55 pm »

YES source code please! Arturia make aesthetically pleasing hardware that's really well made but they can't code for sh1t.

;D hope they have humor though :) But in all seriousness, I'm all for it, would be cool of them to do but if not i'm hoping for an update with more customisability options :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines