April 26, 2024, 12:52:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can you make the pads fixed velocity?  (Read 13838 times)

circuitslave

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Can you make the pads fixed velocity?
« on: July 27, 2015, 07:32:21 pm »
I know the pads on the Beatstep Pro are velocity-sensitive, but can you turn this off? or set to maximum when playing in real time?  Just curious. Thanks.

DarkStar679

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Can you make the pads fixed velocity?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 07:54:38 pm »
I would say in the control center the min velocity value setting to max would be a solution.

circuitslave

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 10:25:43 pm »
I would say in the control center the min velocity value setting to max would be a solution.

Okay, thanks, for the info, Darkstar679!  ;)

circuitslave

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 06:09:07 am »

I tried this and saved the template after all pads were made 127 and it didn't work. After loading the template. All the pads still have velocity in Ableton  ???

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 11:13:14 am »
When you say "saved" was this as in "saved to disk, on my computer" or did you do a "Send To..." the BSP ?

Danyx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 01:40:47 am »
Same problem here, anything new?

@koshdukai: what do you mean by "send to" the BSP? When you're synced isn't it supposed to be sent automatically if you change a value in the control center?
This is how it reacts when I changed the MIDI ports of the pad but nothing happens when I changed velocity...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 06:34:29 pm by Danyx »

Danyx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 03:41:49 pm »
Up!
Still struggling with the velociry thing....
In the MCC I put all my min velocities on 127, then I click on "store to", the MCC seems to send something to the device (progressing bar) and then... Nothing's changed on the device...

Any idea?

By the way, I'm on 1.2.0.6 but I do not see the sync button at the top left any more...My device seems to be connected but not synced. Could it be that?

Thanks

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 03:27:01 am »
Try setting min velo. to 126.  I've had no issue with setting min velo. to 78 and max at 127.  I do have to thump pretty hard to get a 127 value though.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Danyx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 09:05:51 pm »
Tried the 126 trick but nothing happened...
I tried to change the note of pad 1 to c# and it worked but nothing happens when I change the velocity...

I begin to think it might be a bug...

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 06:28:51 am »
Hmm, are you sure it's sending the settings to the BSP successfully?  I've no issues with the max and min velocity settings, but then again I seem to still be able to use the sync button in MCC (dunno how I can when so many say they can't).  It doesn't see the BSP at first, then I fiddle a bit with which instrument MCC is editing and when I tell it to start editing the BSP again, the sync button available.  It's not always like that, but I'm yet to encounter the no sync button thing.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Danyx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 09:02:31 am »
It does send the changes I've made on the MIDI note of Pad 1 but nothing happens when I change the velocity...

About the sync button, I was wondering: is it still supposed to show up since the last MCC update? Arturia wrote:
"BeatStep Pro Sync function was replaced by drag and drop between device memories and local templates."

So did this button disappear??? Or I should see it?
I tried to delete the beatstep pro from my audio/MIDI config but the sync button is still not here.... And the sync option in the device menu is greyed out.
:-(

turbo_kev

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 09:17:29 am »
Hi the sync button  is NO LONGER AVAILABLE  in the latest version of the MCC

cheers
kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

Danyx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 01:47:13 pm »
Thanks Turbo_Kev!
Maybe Arturia should also remove the sync option in the device menu, it would be easier to understand.

I tried to replace the "store to" by "drag & drop", every parameters seem to be transmitted to my device except for...the velocities settings of course: when I record a MIDI track in my DAW (test on bitwig & protools) it keeps on recording different velocities.
Maybe I'm missing something into my DAW MIDI inputs setup? My BSP is plugged via the USB cable and I've selected MIDI & USB as MIDI Ports. Any idea?

Danyx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 08:34:13 am »
Surprised that nobody from arturia gives help on this thread...
Should I open a ticket with the support???

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 01:17:04 pm »
Hi the velocity setting are for the pads on the bsp . so if you record from another controller the velocity will be recorded also.

regards

Terrym
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 02:08:37 pm by terrym »
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines