April 19, 2024, 03:36:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Current Project does not save chosen adjustment  (Read 2004 times)

maddyman

Current Project does not save chosen adjustment
« on: July 26, 2015, 02:00:07 pm »
Hi everybode - please confirm this:
while in control Mode the adjustment via knobs to be eigher in cc or in MCU/HUI isn't stored and will be set global for all projects.

explanation:
if I choose Project 1 and MCU/HUI mode (cause in this project I want to select the Channel Volume by the encoders) and store this and in the next project I want the encoders to control cc parameters, I can store this for Project 2 but now this setting is set global, means the previosly stored set (MCU/HUI) for Project 1 is overritten.

Does this make sense? Or did I something wrong?
Thx

CJMOR1804

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Current Project does not save chosen adjustment
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 12:03:01 am »
can you map volume as CC instead of MCU? if you want the encoders to have different functions, i think it would be more practical to change midi channels instead of the project. for example, on mine i have the encoders change volume via midi channel 1, then switch to channel 2 for mapping something else.

maddyman

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 10:03:56 am »
Hi,
my concern was, that you cannot store the chosen adjustment for parameters mode (CC / MCU). It will be ignored.
And you should have the ability to store different adressed control functions in different projects. Even when it't not possible to to this in one project together (CC/MCU) it's gonna be in various.
Even in the tutorials they enounce thousands of possibilities to allocate bouttons, knobs and so on. I think this count is much to high.
I would be glad to store my settings in a psecific project to get a smoothy workflow. Otherwise I have to change wihle choosing a different project the mode (cc/mcu) manually.

CJMOR1804

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 01:25:10 am »
i don't understand why you won't use midi channels, like i suggested. you can still have practically a thousand possibilities. there are 48 knobs and buttons that can be mapped. each of those can have 16 different functions (1 for each midi channel). that totals 768 different controls you can use on ANY project. instead of switching projects and cc/mcu, all you have to do is press CHAN and select a number.

maddyman

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 10:21:43 pm »
Hi CJMOR1803
if you want to assign e.g. encoder 1 to cc7 (Volume) to channel strip 1 (Midi ch.1) to control seq.1 and also encoder 2 to cc 7 to channel strip 2 (midi ch.2) to control seq.2 and at least encoder 3 to cc7 to channel strip 3 (midi ch.10) to control drums on the BSP
try this and tell me please if it works with your DAW.
Here it controls only channel strip 1 (cc7)
Thx

CJMOR1804

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 02:54:06 am »
That works for me in Sonar X3. Are you changing the midi channel of controller mode before you turn knobs 2 and 3? When you press "CHAN" on the Beatstep Pro, a step button lights up red, indicating the midi channel you're using. Holding "CHAN" and pressing a different number will change the channel. Since you have drum volume mapped to channel 10, you need to press "CHAN + 10" while you're in control mode (step 10 will lhen light up red).

I think you're making things more difficult this way. Here is how i have mine;
-knob 1: CC# is default, midi channel 1 (controls volume of track 1),
-knob 2; CC# is default, midi channel 1 (controls volume of track 2),
-knob 3: CC# is default, midi channel 1 (controls volume of track 3),

Notice I've left the CC# alone and keep volume on the same channel.

Now if i want those knobs to do something else, here's how i have it;
-knob 1; CC# is default, midi channel 2 (controls pan of track 1),
-knob 2; CC# is default, midi channel 2 (controls pan of track 2),
-knob 3; CC# is default, midi channel 2 (controls pan of track 3),
to adjust pan in control mode, i just switch the BSP to midi channel 2 (by holding "CHAN + 2"). step button 2 now turns red.

I haven't changed anything in the Midi Control Center. I only use the midi learn function in my daw.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines