April 18, 2024, 09:10:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: DIN Sync slow on Roland MC202 when USB MIDI or Clock is selected on BSP  (Read 9687 times)

Zeitschleife

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The clock tempo is to slow on my Roland MC 202 when I use USB/MIDI or CLK on BSP, only correct when INT is choosen.

DAW: Studio One 3 or Cubase 7.5

What  i do:

BSP clock out --> Roland MC202 Sync In
Sync Setting: USB OR MIDI
Result: Clock is to slow Tempo from MC202 is half of BSP Tempo

or:

Roland MC202 Sync out -->  BSP Clock in
Sync Setting: CLK
Result: Same as above, tempo to slow

Only this works:

BSP clock out --> Roland MC202 Sync In
Sync Setting: INT

Try 24ppq or 48 ppq in Midi Control Center but change nothing, 1 Step is very slow.

Did the sync work for you?

« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 10:32:44 pm by Zeitschleife »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: DIN Sync slow (Roland MC202) when USB MIDI or Clock is selected
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 10:31:10 pm »
Hi , i have a tb303 here and the din sync is working ok  if you use internal sync is there any difference than using ext sync from cubase?

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Zeitschleife

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: DIN Sync slow (Roland MC202) when USB MIDI or Clock is selected
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 11:37:39 pm »
Hi Terrym,

I made some testing with Cubase 7.5 synchronisation settings but tempo is beign not correct.

I try also BSP Midi out in this way:

BSP Midi Out --> Steinberg UR22 Midi in

Cubase settings:
Machine Control Input
MMC Slave Active
MMC Input: All Midi Inputs or Arturia BSP
MMC Output: Arturia BSP

Midi Timecode Destinations
Steinberg UR22
Arturia Beatspe Pro
Midi Timecode Follows Project Time

Midi Clock destinations
Steinberg UR 22
Arturia BetStepPro
Midi Clock Follows Project Position
Allways Send Start Message
Send Midi Clock in Stop Mode

If I choose Internal sync on BSP the tempo is ok and Cubase starts (If i uncheck Machine Control Input then notting happens)

If I chhose Midi sync on BSP then cubase starts but BSP does not starts, no melody is playing.

In Studio one 3 I did not get it to work (BSP Midi Out --> Steinberg UR22 Midi in). As I am new to Studio one I am not sure what i have to do in the external device settings.

Hi , i have a tb303 here and the din sync is working ok  if you use internal sync is there any difference than using ext sync from cubase?

Terrym
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:47:10 pm by Zeitschleife »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
I know this sounds silly but are you using the sync lead that came with the bsp and not the midi lead on the clock out

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

Zeitschleife

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I use the black on Sync Connection and the gray one Midi connection.

I do put one time the Midi connector into the sync jack by a mistake, hopefully this makes no problems. It was just for some minutes. I see uuups wrong connection and take it away ASAP. S#!t Happens >:(

I am wondering why the Synck Cloc In/out changing in Midi CC from 24ppq to 48ppq does not change anything. If I play around with the settings to 1 step but one time it dosent work works and tempo was half, not one step. Perhaps the settings in Midii CC is the problem

I know this sounds silly but are you using the sync lead that came with the bsp and not the midi lead on the clock out

terrym

Terrym

• Global Moderator
Hi ,I'm sure .your problem is that the bsp is not updating from the mcc as I had this problem and found the bsp was set to 1ppq until arturia gave me the mcc update to change it to 24ppq as this is the standard for din sync

Regards

Terrym
TerryM

Zeitschleife

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Terrym,

did I understand it right, the problem is the MCC not the BSP?

Hi ,I'm sure .your problem is that the bsp is not updating from the mcc as I had this problem and found the bsp was set to 1ppq until arturia gave me the mcc update to change it to 24ppq as this is the standard for din sync

Regards

Terrym

Terrym

• Global Moderator
No for me when testing my bsp was stuck on 1pppq  until arturia made it possible for me to change to 24 pppq which is din sync

regards

Terrym
TerryM

Zeitschleife

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Terym,

I made another connection:

MC202 sync out --> BSP Clock In (Syn CLK on BSP choose)

Tempo is ok @ 24ppq and double @ 48ppq, and one note if 1 step is choose.

I get the same result if I change the cabel connection (BSP Clock Out --> MC202 Sync IN, INT Sync chossen on BSP)

I see, if I use USB OR MIDI Sync on BSP and 1step is set in the MIDI CC then only one note is playing, this works correct.
But if I change to 24 or 48 ppq then tempo stays half on USB or MIDI Sync, 48 ppq does not double the tempo.

So change the settings in the MIDI CC works fine.

What is the result if you change the Clock in/out setings in MIDI CC and USB /MIDI SYNC is choose on BSP?  Did you hear any difference on the 303 tempo?

No for me when testing my bsp was stuck on 1pppq  until arturia made it possible for me to change to 24 pppq which is din sync

regards

Terrym
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:38:42 pm by Zeitschleife »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
Hi .the 3 different pp. change the speed of the tb303  from slow half speed on 1pppq  to 2x speed in 48pppq . i can only think either your mc202 is broken or your bsp is not receiving  the mcc change . there is a new firmware coming soon so hold tight i'm just testing at the moment .

regards

Terrym
TerryM

Zeitschleife

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Terym,

thanks a lot of all your testing and quick answers :)

So I will wait for the new firmware.

Regards

Frank

Hi .the 3 different pp. change the speed of the tb303  from slow half speed on 1pppq  to 2x speed in 48pppq . i can only think either your mc202 is broken or your bsp is not receiving  the mcc change . there is a new firmware coming soon so hold tight i'm just testing at the moment .

regards

Terrym

Zeitschleife

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: DIN Sync slow on Roland MC202 when USB MIDI or Clock is selected on BSP
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 11:42:10 pm »
After I installed the new firmware nothing changed, tempo stays half with USB sync connection.

If I use my Kenton USB Solo with mc202 over DIN sync cable and BSP is set to USB sync the synchronisation works fine, tempo is correct.

The Sync cable I use is a Midi cable that also allows DIN Sync connection, I buyed this cabel with the Kenton USB Solo, could this mnade some problems?

ArcticDisco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 08:33:18 am »
I have the same problem with a Roland CR-8000 that also has din sync. When I have Ableton as master the tempo is halved in the CR-8000, I've tried changing the ppqn as well.

Bifop

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 03:50:30 pm »
I have the same problem here with a TB303 and Nuendo 7 sync. As soon as the Beatstep Pro is slave, the TB303 halves the tempo. Tried the settings in MCC to no avail.
I bought this mostly to be a CV/gate converter for an SH101 (works great) and the Din sync capabilities. I'm half happy at the moment.  :-\

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 04:18:14 pm »
Hi all this is now a bug and will be fixed in the next fw please see my other post as if it's important use fw 1.1.14
TerryM

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines