April 25, 2024, 07:30:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Guide: BSP and Sonar X3  (Read 3628 times)

CJMOR1804

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Guide: BSP and Sonar X3
« on: July 22, 2015, 06:14:04 am »
here are some screenshots showing Sonar X3 setup as master clock and using the BSP as a control surface;

the only problem i ran into, is setting up the control surface, which is apparently a problem with Sonar 64-bit. if the control surface in-port and out-port are blank, even after selecting the BSP from the drop down menu, you may have to take some addition steps. i would first recommend choosing a different type of controller/surface, like mackie control, instead of cakewalk generic. if this fails, please refer to the steps outlined here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/241070/discussions/0/540736587127895581/?insideModal=1

bdjones1961

Re: Guide: BSP and Sonar X3
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 02:40:48 am »
Thanks for posting this guide. Using the settings here I was able to get Beatstep Pro working on Sonar Home Studio 6.  In just a couple hours after receiving my unit, I was able to get a drumbeat set using Sonar's Old Session Drummer and record it into a project.

I am Running Windows 10  & Sonar Home Studio 6.2 (6x64)

CJMOR1804

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 07:31:36 pm »
good to hear. took some trial and error, but that's what i got working. one thing i missed, if you have problems with drifting out of sync, try activating MTC on Sonar's sync module (shown in last picture i posted).

overtoe

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 08:01:12 pm »
Hi, I know this is an old topic now but could you repost the pictures? I just got the Beatstep Pro and have it playing different VSTs but it doesn't actually make sonar play when I hit play and I can't change the tempo etc from the device. It basically acts as an automatic keyboard. It's awesome at this but I'd like to actually control Sonar from it too.

Hopefully someone knows how to set it up! I can't find much online.

I'm kind of new to MIDI and these kinds of devices so if I'm saying anything stupid, like this isn't MEANT to control Sonar then let me know.

CJMOR1804

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 10:00:10 pm »
If you click on the image place holder it should take you to my photo album on photobucket. Sorry they changed their service so they're not visible on here without paying for an upgrade.

overtoe

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 11:44:03 pm »
Photobucket is absolutely terrible now. It's not letting me look at any image beyond the first but I can still see the settings in the thumbnails on the initial page.

Thanks for the response, I'll try setting it up now. I'm using Platinum but they should be close enough I hope.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines