April 19, 2024, 06:54:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP and Volca Sample & saviing Sequencer midi channel assignments on BSP  (Read 2518 times)

larrymon74

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I hope someone can help me. 

Here is my current setup:

BSP drum sequencer triggering a TR-8 on midi ch 10, sequencer 2 triggering Moog Minitaur via cv/gate outputs, and sequencer 1 triggering a Juno-106 on midi channel 2.  I have the volca sample connected via midi cable thru black clock cable that came with the BSP into the clock out.

Questions:

1.  Currently, the volca sample does not respond.  I do get a humming sound when I press play on the BSP (goes away when I press stop) with the 3 way connector that came with the BSP in the chain.
2.  Midi Channels:  I have noticed that after saving my projects that sequencers 1 and 2 do not save the midi channel I assigned to each.  I have to reassign them every time I start back up?  Does anyone know how to permanently assign these? 

Thanks in advance :)

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
Hi Larrymon74,
BSP's clock out only sends analog clock ticks to synchronize 2 devices in the "analog way". On the Volca you also find some analog sync (jack 1/8" sync in/out) but with their own standard. please have a look on these tutorials :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-1e9zXr5JIlUnBYRWxUcEFoZHc/view?pli=1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-1e9zXr5JIlb3F0TEpBOG12TzA/view?pli=1

Midi channels are saved at the same time you save the project. Have you updated your Firmware ?

cryon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I tried to sync my Volcas to the BSP's clock out (to volca's sync in) but ended up having strange timing issues, the tempo changes randomly all the time.

Is the clock signal from the BSP not campatible with what the volca series expects as sync signal?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines