March 29, 2024, 07:21:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Installation on VISTA 64  (Read 1869 times)

DarkStar679

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Installation on VISTA 64
« on: July 20, 2015, 06:51:05 pm »
Hi,
after my purchase I saw that Win 7 is required. I have Vista 64 which is 98% the same as Win 7.
Is there a way to tell the installation software that win 7 is present on a Vista system?

Steinberger

Re: Installation on VISTA 64
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 11:28:01 pm »
You lost me at Vista :)
As a Windows System Engineer that does not work for MS I can tell you 1) this is not possible unless they down the OS system requirement to Vista in their software which I do not recommend 2) that percentage is not accurate 3) you should really consider upping to at least 7 and leaving that world behind. Vista is a nightmare in its implementation. 7 and above are much better organized and restructured at a base level and application reporting at a subsystem level than Vista. It also performs better on same equipment. No lie. 8-10 are only slight evolutions of 7 despite what you hear and read on the Internet and are very stable and actually can be fun to work with. Same goes for 2k12 server.

I do respect your tenacity and carefulness.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:31:26 pm by Steinberger »

DarkStar679

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Installation on VISTA 64
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 11:44:38 am »
Hi,

you are right that Win7 is a step forward but my Vista 64 is so stable for years now that I hesitate to upgrade.
I've checked all MIDI_Control_Center versions and all can be installed on Vista except the last one.
That means the January version of MIDI_Control_Center can be installed (on which Beatstep Pro is missing) and the version fom July exclude Vista.

Why?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines