April 19, 2024, 09:28:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] No CV output?  (Read 2818 times)

timpecter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
[SOLVED] No CV output?
« on: July 19, 2015, 09:54:23 pm »
I've got the Beatstep Pro sending clock out to my modular but the other CV/gate outputs don't seem to be sending any signal.  I checked on my 'scope - the clock out is a perfect square wave as I'd expect but the other outs are all flat lines!  Is there some mode that I've accidentally engaged which means the melodic and drum sequencers don't output a CV/gate signal?  Or could there be some problem using an iPad charger wall wart for the USB power cable?   Any help appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 03:19:42 pm by Vic-tor »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: No CV output?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 10:16:42 pm »
hi have you checked your leads do you have meter to check maybe swap the gate lead around . I'm using an apple iPad power adapter and all is ok here .
are you not getting any voltage from the cv.

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

timpecter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 10:44:31 pm »
Hey there- Yes, I've swapped the leads around and tried each of the drum outs as well as the melodic sequencers and none of them seem to be producing any voltages!

Unrelated, probably, but I've tried updating the firmware to 1.1.0.3 on OSX 10.9.5 - initially it seems like it's working but when it starts up again, although MCC says it's got the firmware I just installed, it tells me I don't have the latest and asks me to install it.  I keep getting 'failed to connect' errors. 

MCC detects the device but the OSX Audio Midi Setup utility doesn't.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 10:51:51 pm »
Have you tried deleting the midi drivers and turning the bsp on again . can you see a  new driver appear?  did you download the latestest mcc.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

timpecter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 12:09:14 am »
Deleting the device allowed me to update the firmware and after that the CV outs seemed to work.  Now I've had a really fun jam on it!  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines