March 28, 2024, 06:57:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: USB MIDI with iPad questions - MIDI channels  (Read 1630 times)

StutzJr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
USB MIDI with iPad questions - MIDI channels
« on: July 19, 2015, 03:00:22 pm »
Now that I've got this setup working, I am seeing a few possible issues - but have not yet been able to rule out user/software errors.  iPad 2, iOS v. 8.3.

I've tried a few iPad apps including "Thor" and "Modular" synths, and "DM1" drum machine and I think I am having issues with MIDI channel crosstalk?  All those apps are able to listen to all/omni or individual MIDI channels, and are compatible with Audiobus.  I have sequencers 1 and 2 on MIDI channels 1 and 2 and the drum sequencer on channel 10, and each app is listening to an individual MIDI channel.

In some situations I am finding if I have notes play on the same step on more than 1 channel, the other channel fails to play anything for that step, unless I mute the other sequencer(s).  I'd like to explain my issue clearer but I am still learning how to use MIDI to begin with.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: USB MIDI with iPad questions - MIDI channels
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 09:20:10 pm »
I never had issues resembling MIDI Channel cross-talk with the BSP, unless when the target instrument wasn't just listening to the specific channel it was supposed to.

Could it be that some apps are in OMNI mode (listening to all channels) ?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines