March 28, 2024, 10:22:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pro Tools 10 mutlioutput (aux tracks) & Spark  (Read 4374 times)

joneone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • ...On studio...
Pro Tools 10 mutlioutput (aux tracks) & Spark
« on: July 07, 2015, 10:08:01 pm »
Hi All,

I'm trying to use my spark with multi output on Pro Tools 10. After creating 8 aux tracks on pro Tools and assign them a spark output there is no signal shown on the aux tracks. I set for example first pad the output 2, second the output 3 on the mixer from Spark. But there is no signal shown on pro Tools aux tracks corresponding to the defined spark output when i hit the 1st pad or 2nd. I would like to mix the various spark output into pro Tools using aux tracks.

1.) Are the aux tracks working with outputs from spark ? (not audio tracks like show on the faq video)
2.) Should work only in record mode?
3.) If not, is it a know issue?
4.) Could we except that will be resolved with a next update?

Regards

Juan

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Pro Tools 10 mutlioutput (aux tracks) & Spark
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 10:58:26 pm »
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

joneone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • ...On studio...
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 07:36:45 pm »
Hi,

I saw this example but it work's only with audio tracks and not aux tracks. My question was about aux tracks!

It's should be possible to work with aux track like other know plugins!

Thanks to give me a reply in this sense.

Regards

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 03:10:25 pm »
HI,

Are you using mono aux tracks? What i tend to do is create 1 instrument track and 8 to 16 mono aux tracks. In the input of the aux track you will see 'plug in' under that you then have your spark outputs. First, obviously you need to set you Spark outputs to multi.

I have found that you need to check twice that the Spark multi outs assign to the right tracks, sometimes they don't switch from standard L R stereo. Once that is ok, switch back to PT and assign your outputs to your desired aux inputs.

The outputs won't show if you use stereo aux channels, you need to create mono aux tracks for it to work

Hope that helps
Cheers, Stuart

Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

joneone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • ...On studio...
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 12:35:40 pm »
Hi,

After trying your way... no way. That's the procedure i set:

1) Creating 1 instrument stereo track
2) Creation 1 aux mono channel and 1 aux stereo channel to check both
3) Assign Spark to the instrument track (note that i can only assign spark stereo)
4) In the spark Mixer, set the output to multiple out (channel 1 to Master, channel 2 to out 2, channel 3 to out 3, etc... till output 16)
5) In protools, set the input from aux 2 to OutputStem_0.g (Strange because it get the sound from output 2 from spark)
6) in protools, set the input from aux 3 to output 0. On spark mixer, there is output 2 ok and sounding on PT track like step 5 also. I noted that the meters only has sound on left channel.

No way to get for exemple the sound from output 3 setting aux 3 on OutputStem_1.G or 2.G or 3.G.

On the screenshot you can see that the aux 3 left level has residual sound. When i put the fader at the maximum we can ear a parasite sound (hi frequence).

I'm runing protools 10.3.10 and the last update of Spark 2.

Thanks for you help. May be could you send me a Pro Tools 10 session with the good setting?
Regards.

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 12:57:29 pm »
I have found errors in the latest version V 2 of the plug in, Arturia are aware and Kevin has apparently solved it but it has yet to be released.

In your pro tools plug in folders, both Avid and Digidesign, delete Spark.dpm & Spark.aax

/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Arturia

/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins

Once these are deleted, please install the below version of the Spark.aax plug in

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jhlmzb1bfoh1hz5/AAAKw-CQCtosgJ6c8btBbTdTa?dl=0

Drop the above plug in, into /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Arturia

Restart all and see where you are.

Out of interest, what sample rates are you using, 192k?

Spark will probably only play back up to about 88.2k, possibly 96k. I did test this a while back and found that all my 192 sessions would not play.

It works fine at 44.1k, not ideal but what I tend to do is print the audio from Spark in a 44.1 session, Apply SRC and save session as copy in 192k. Then start tracking the rest of your session

I'll send you over a working session, it will also have audio tracks to print to, you may have to re-assign your I/O. Also when using multiple outs in spark, I start at 2, don't use master on the first track. Again, a pain up the do dar but rarely you will need 16 drums I imagine so start at 2 and go to 15. I've chatted to Kevin at length about this, ideally master should be different to 1-2 but there is some reason why they cannot split the outputs.

Downloading that older plug in should sort out the issues and deleting the old dpm plug will also go to helping the issues.

Hope that helps,

Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

joneone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • ...On studio...
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 02:30:10 pm »
Hi,

Well, i replace the aax file. After re-inserting the plugin on the session, no way. Something strange appens when a select the input Output_0.D instead 0.G, there is a buzz going out my monitors. No way to get others outputs on the aux mono tracks.

After creating à 96KHz session (Spark is not compatible with 192 Khz sessions), there is no change.

3 mono aux tracks with 0.G, 1.G & 2.G -> Master, out 2, out 3 and only 0.G on aux track sounds. I used the 80's studio Drums kit and Snare is on out 2 and Closed Hi-Hat on out 3. But no sound on PT Aux who has 2.G or 3.G setted.

See the capture

Regards
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:35:09 pm by joneone »

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 02:44:23 pm »
I would start at 44.1k and mvd up from there, I tested this a while back but can't remember exactly what sample rates work. Some are different depending on what kits you use.

Does Spark work in standalone as normal master 1-2 without Pro Tools?

Does Spark work in standalone as multi out without Pro Tools?

Can you replace the plug in, inside Pro Tools and get audio in the same way. Abbey Road drums for example or another plug in that uses this type of aux workflow?

I have never had issues with this workflow using the exact same set up as you.

Thanks, Stuart

Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

joneone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • ...On studio...
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 03:00:45 pm »
Hi,

Tested in 44.1 KHz. No way. Same problem. Last capture show the version of spark 2. Is-it the version you send me before? After replacing files and restarting pro-tools i would be sure.

My answers in red:

Does Spark work in standalone as normal master 1-2 without Pro Tools?
Yes it works
Does Spark work in standalone as multi out without Pro Tools?
No, In standalone, we can't change the output on the mixer. It's set to "master"
Can you replace the plug in, inside Pro Tools and get audio in the same way. Abbey Road drums for example or another plug in that uses this type of aux workflow?
I have used many plugins in that way. For example Korg M1, Battery 4, Independence. Each one works well using aux tracks.

Regards

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 03:39:20 pm »
What audio I/O device are you using?

Sorry, sent you down the garden path there a bit with Multi out outside of Pro Tools. They only work when in a DAW i believe.
There is also a bug where you have to always click on Master before changing the multi outs. (only in a DAW ) If you change from Master to Multi outs and want to change back again, it won't. You have to choose master again to therefore change to multi out. An odd bug that needs looking at.

I have attached my session template for you to try. I have just opened this and had multi outs working. You will see that I also have some audio tracks I use to print the final aux tracks when i need them. I then just make the aux and instrument channel inactive.

The plug in version i sent you won't change spark, just how it opens up and works in pro tools. There was an issue with the plug in where it would try and open the old RTAS plug in even though it was an aax and you would get a blank plug in window, by installing the version i sent you, this solved that issue. The plugs had a very tiny version number change, the 1.1.0 didn't work as opposed to the plug that works is 1.0.

See how you get on with the template I sent you, does it solve your issue?

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 03:43:20 pm »
By the way, you do not have the latest version of Spark installed.

Latest is Spark 2.1.0
Build 426

Go to your arturia centre and download the lasted version, I'm not sure that the plug in has been fixed, so you might have to re replace the plug that I sent you once you have installed it.

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

joneone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • ...On studio...
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 04:41:30 pm »
Hi,

Of course, now it work fine! But i have an another problem. When i load the spark plugin, the interface "Spark Windows" appears on top-left and not on the plugin windows. Look at the capture. And then, when i try to change the plugin, pro tools hangs-up and i have to kill the pro tools using force quit.

Regards.

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 04:51:37 pm »
Yep, did you change the plug in back to the version i sent you?

This is why this happens

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

joneone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • ...On studio...
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 05:18:02 pm »
Hi,

It works well. Now i remark that with the version you send me,  the pro-tools input 0 corresponds to out 2, input 1 to out 3… etc. Before i replace the aax file, so with the last version available, input 0 was not working so input 1 corresponds to out 2 and not out 3.

Regards.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines