April 19, 2024, 08:46:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP + Microbrute questions  (Read 3038 times)

msing

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
BSP + Microbrute questions
« on: July 17, 2015, 12:35:38 am »
Hello!

I have had a Microbrute for almost 6 months now and just got a BSP today. I updated the firmware of the BSP, but I have a few lingering questions/concerns.

I am connecting the BSP CV gate to the Microbrute gate in and BSP pitch to the Microbrute CV in - my questions are - are these the correct connection points? Where is the BSP Velocity patched in on the Microbrute? What would cause the pitch to go up 2 octaves when the BSP pitch is connected to the Microbrute cv in? Since the moment I connected the BSP pitch to the CV in on the brute, the pitch is taken up an octave or two

Also, I notice two other things. 1st when a sequence is running, at some point I get a constant drone note out of nowhere that only goes away when the Microbrute is powered off/back on. 2nd I also notice that sometimes after a sequence has been running from the BSP, it may start to have a double note flutter. The best way I can describe it is it sounds like the 16th notes all of the sudden get cut in half and there are 32nd notes all over the sequence and I do not know how they got there. It kind of sounds like a banjo.

weeteeth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BSP + Microbrute questions
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 07:49:07 am »
CV connections should be Gate Out to Gate In (on back), Pitch Out in Pitch In (in Mod Matrix) and Velocity to Filter (also on Matrix). You still may want to offset the pitch with the Midi Control Center though (would recommend watching Arturia's "Beatstep Pro Connectivity" video; he talks about connecting the MB around minute five).

I believe I am having the same issue after the firmware update at well-- over MIDI at least (haven't tried CV yet)-- random, stuttering notes as sequence is running, even if no notes are active (also does it on the Drum sequencer as long as there is a trigger). Very weird.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:49:40 pm by weeteeth »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 06:02:25 pm »
Hi , just looked at this after you have updated to the lastest firmware please clear all pattens as some may be corrupted . i found doing this gets rid of any issues with most notes.

let me know how you get on

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

weeteeth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 10:00:47 pm »
Clearing all patterns didn't do it. Will try a restore to default and reinstall firmware tomorrow and let you know how it goes. ... And just to be more specific: the stuttering notes appears across every sequence whenever a it's running, whether note data was ever entered, over MIDI and CV. The only thing I able to link it to is Transpose, as when I change that root note in the Control Center the random/stuttering note changes to that as well.

O-li Arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 10:59:06 am »
Hi,

When the Microbrute receives external pitch, it transposes depending on the last key you pressed. After a power up you should press the Octave- button 3 times and hit the bottom C key (everything on the Microbrute).

About the random trigs, check out your randomness/probability parameters on the BSP. Set them both to 0 and save your project.

msing

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 06:10:05 pm »
Thanks for the replies! That connection video answered all of my connection questions. I am starting to realize/understand this behavior of the pitch and how it relates to any notes pressed on the microbrutes keyboard.

weeteeth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 06:29:51 am »
Thanks O-li, that was it. For whatever reason my default Randomness/Probability when I first turn the machine on was maxed out. Problem solved.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines