March 28, 2024, 10:57:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Notes Being Held Open  (Read 15140 times)

darknoiseattrator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Notes Being Held Open
« on: July 16, 2015, 02:26:39 pm »
I am experiencing open/held notes during extended playback and even when the sequencer is stopped with my Beatstep Pro. MY setup is as  follows currently:

Roland MX-1 as my master and clock source, synced via midi in to the BS Pro. I have the BS Pro midi out connected to a Roland Aira System-1m, then the midi out from the 1m to my Microbrute. Sequence one is triggering the 1m, while sequence 2 is triggering the Microbrute.

Playback starts fine but after a few minutes of playback, both the 1m and Microbrute, while still playing the programmed sequences, starting holding a open note. Stopping the MX-1 correctly stops the BS Pro from playing the sequences, but the single note from the 1M and Microbrute continue to sound. I have to power off both synths to get it to clear.

I have updated the firmware in both units and this still happens. Just using the BS Pro as the master directly to the synths is causing the same issue, and as the MX-1 is not a sequencer, I assume the issue is something between the BS pro and the synths.

I have not tried using the CV gates yet to see if the issue is duplicated and am only connecting everything via midi at the moment.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as to what I may be overlooking, or if anyone has experienced this problem and has a fix, please let me know.

toryjames

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Notes Being Held Open
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 03:04:30 pm »
Have you triple-clicked "stop" to send an "all notes off" message? This doesn't solve the core issue but hopefully you don't have to power down to quiet them due to a hanging note.

darknoiseattrator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 03:18:44 pm »
I haven't tried that, although it probably won't help as I am wanting to have the MX-1 as my clock source. I'll give that a try this evening, but you're correct in that it still doesn't solved the issue.

k.rad

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 12:12:45 am »
Same Problem here  :-\
really not cool when you're deep in the tune and this happens... in about a half hour of playing this happened 3 times!!!

I have a minibrute SE on SEQ1 and a Microbrute SE on SEQ2, connected with a MIDIHUB 6way,
an like you said, after a random time, the last played note is on hold while the sequence is playing.
This happens randomly on SEQ1 and SEQ2, and i only get rid of this with powering off/on the synth, too.

Any ideas, someone? Arturia?

Computer Controlled

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Facebook Place
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 08:16:36 am »
This is a known issue.
Stuff: SH-101 . aJuno-1/PG-300 . TB-3 . TR-8 . TT-303 . Korg ES2 . SQ-1 . BeatStep Pro . MSQ-100

darknoiseattrator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 12:32:21 pm »
I have been in contact with Arturia and they are working on a firmware update. I was told it could be available this week.

Same Problem here  :-\
really not cool when you're deep in the tune and this happens... in about a half hour of playing this happened 3 times!!!

I have a minibrute SE on SEQ1 and a Microbrute SE on SEQ2, connected with a MIDIHUB 6way,
an like you said, after a random time, the last played note is on hold while the sequence is playing.
This happens randomly on SEQ1 and SEQ2, and i only get rid of this with powering off/on the synth, too.

Any ideas, someone? Arturia?

k.rad

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 09:41:22 am »
New Firmware updated (1.1.1.6)  - same issues.
As much as i love every single buttom on my Arturia gear, especially the BSP, as much this is really annoying.
powering on and off my synths is not the way i use to perform...

Xirso

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 05:58:08 pm »
Same problem with 1.1.1.6. via midi sending notes to other synth. The beatstep is slave via midi. I tried to erase the pattern, but it happens randomly on seq 1 or 2.

Steinberger

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 06:48:59 pm »
Same here. Happened last night. Powered reset "fixed it". :(

pants

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 07:14:29 am »
I'm having this problem, and I've found that pressing stop a bunch really fast on the BSP fixes the problem too... Though if you have more than one instrument clocking to it, you're better off power-cycling the synth.

ror

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 12:08:30 am »
Same problem here, also it's doing something to my Minitaur that is rendering some sections of the synth unresponsive. What a head melt!
I may return my BSP to the shop for a refund.

sbDigisound

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 09:03:56 am »
And in case you haven't seen this on the "General Discussion" thread .....

I have this exact same issue which presents with any hardware synth connected (directly) to the BSP 5 pin MIDI output..

I have used a Voyager, a Mopho and  Supernova and all demonstrate these occasional hanging / sustained notes.

I have other sequencers (eg SQ-1) that never do this.

The fault is coming from the BSP.

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2015, 11:38:57 am »
Hi,
We've also observed some hazardous hanging notes when the BSP is MIDI synced. We're working on this issue.

sbDigisound

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2015, 02:14:20 pm »
Hi,
We've also observed some hazardous hanging notes when the BSP is MIDI synced. We're working on this issue.

Ah, an acknowledgement from Arturia? I am very pleased to hear this. Even more pleased with a fix.

To be clear here -the BSP is using Internal sync and the output, with what I believe are missing MIDI event messages,  is via the 5 pin MIDI output. That is what you mean?

"hazardous" is an interesting adjective here but hey, that's just fine for me!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 05:08:20 pm by sbDigisound »

RichMakeGame

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2015, 07:20:46 pm »
please also investigate analogue sync :) it's even hazardous-er !

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines