March 28, 2024, 11:36:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BeatStep Pro Feature Request Thread  (Read 79735 times)

Computer Controlled

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Facebook Place
Re: BeatStep Pro Feature Request Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2015, 08:20:58 am »
First and foremost:  Have the patterns change at End Of Pattern.  Why they don't already is beyond me!  Seems like a silly oversight.
Nudge patterns fwd and back.
Randomize patterns based on data already input. 
Fix the issue with held notes, missing notes in melody sequencers when using the actual MIDI output.  Seems to work fine via USB MIDI.
Stuff: SH-101 . aJuno-1/PG-300 . TB-3 . TR-8 . TT-303 . Korg ES2 . SQ-1 . BeatStep Pro . MSQ-100

NightMachines

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2015, 11:27:20 am »
My thoughts after playing with it for a bunch of time yesterday, using the CV/Gate & Clock ins & outs:

- Transpose mode latch!!! I don't want to use two hands to transpose a pattern. In fact, right now the "keyboard" mode, when you play notes with the pads while NOT recording, isn't really useful at all (cut off notes/gates), so it would be great to be able to switch just the pads between keyboard and transpose mode
- Auto Save for patterns. Having to save each pattern before switching to another one is really cumbersome when playing and improvising live.
- Different kinds of analog clock signal outputs. Many people report sync problems with various analog gear (myself included). It would be great if one could change the BSP's analog clock output to various different voltages and trigger/gate lengths.
- Option to disable the TIE shortcut. When playing live, I often need to enable/disable several sequencer steps quickly. Right now, if I press two steps at the same time, it creates a held note, overwriting note & gate data, which is very hard to undo quickly.

ikjoyce

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2015, 11:35:39 am »
Something I would love to see, but have not seen on any sequencer before - the ability to sharpen / flatten the third degree of the scale on the fly as a sequence is playing.

Being able to transpose the sequence, and swap from Major to Minor / vice versa on the fly means much more complex emotional sequencing can be done quickly without having to create a second sequence specifically for the purpose of a minor/major chord change.

Could perhaps use Pad 11 (the unused one next to the Eb in transpose mode) to do it - so if it is pressed when the current scale is Major, it will flatten all the third degrees, and if the current scale is a Minor scale, it will sharpen all the thirds while it is held down?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 12:03:58 pm by ikjoyce »

Computer Controlled

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Facebook Place
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 05:58:47 am »

- Auto Save for patterns. Having to save each pattern before switching to another one is really cumbersome when playing and improvising live.

This too!  I've noticed that when it's being synced to an external clock, if you save a pattern, it glitches out.  Which is a no go for live situations.
Stuff: SH-101 . aJuno-1/PG-300 . TB-3 . TR-8 . TT-303 . Korg ES2 . SQ-1 . BeatStep Pro . MSQ-100

siseturist

• Soundcloud
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2015, 04:09:34 pm »
I really believe Beatstep Pro could be the ultimate step sequencer if many of the requests would be fulfilled. So I have another feature request.

1 - Create drum fills:
Would be nice if it would be possible to create drum fills the way long notes can be created in Legato mode. For instance if I'd like to fill every 2nd note from 1st I'd just click on 1 and 3... or every 3rd 1 and 4 or if the notes would start from 3rd note and would like to fill every 4th note I'd press 3 and 7.
Fills with every step from 1 to 6 I'd press 1,2 and then 6 or from 6 to 12 I'd press 6,7 and 12.

2 - Clearing only one drum in the whole drum pattern instead of muting it. Could save a lot of time while performing.

3 - Solo any drum note

4 - Clearing all other drum notes except the one which is selected

freqdivider

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2015, 05:29:24 pm »
Hi everybody.

First a compliment for Arturia's team, because the BSP is already very promising.

A few requests/problems/challenges:

- when the time division of the drum pattern is changed, the clock output changes along. this should really be optional!
- it would be better if you could specify the type of randomness (pitch, velocity, step) you want. Right now you get them all at the same time, which is not always useful. Especially the randomness of steps can be very undesirable
- microtuning support for the user scale would be a huge plus. Just add a nice little cents-option in the Midi control centre
- the setting of the center pitch for sequencer transposition seems to set the 'default' value for pitch in an empty pattern, but i have to give 'fake' values to get the actual values i want. Seems to be a bug?

+1 on autosave function for patterns, nudging the first step of a pattern, stepping through patterns without losing sync and pattern chaining

bemushroomed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2015, 09:16:43 pm »
1 - Create drum fills:
Would be nice if it would be possible to create drum fills the way long notes can be created in Legato mode.

+1.

Nudge should have high priority too. Please make this the best sequencer ever made, i mean it's almost there already :)

DBM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2015, 01:40:30 am »
I think one missed opportunity would of been to steep sequince by choosing step button then either pressing pad to ender in note and or with midi keys . Just saying .

RichMakeGame

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2015, 02:50:27 am »
@DBM try holding the step button then pressing a pad...

peteone43

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2015, 07:59:00 am »
2. Way to apply gate/swing/microtuning/other parameter to all steps in the current sequence.
Manually editing each note one at a time is time consuming especially if you want a certain value across the board. Some kind of select all steps and double tap relevant knob to apply last setting to all those steps.

THIS !

bard1234

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2015, 03:29:20 pm »
How about swing, triplets and sequence length separately for drum channels?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2015, 04:16:17 pm »
How about swing, triplets and sequence length separately for drum channels?

You can already do all of these with the bsp
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Steinberger

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2015, 11:23:29 am »
Add a dropdown in MCC for velocity on each sequencer (at least each of the drum sequencer pads) to change MIDI CC for velocity to something else. The main use case for this is some drum machines that receive MIDI do not process velocity but do process level per part. Korg Volca Beats is a good example so look at the MIDI spec for that. The other reason is this would bring the MIDI implementation for this parameter up to par with the CV implementation in it's flexibility; the patch cable effectively being an analog of a CC value and vice versa.

The drum sequencer on this is incredible but it's just a huge tease in the wild world of drum machines because it's so stuck in the age of "channel 10".

DBM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2015, 01:13:01 pm »
I think one missed opportunity would of been to steep sequince by choosing step button then either pressing pad to ender in note and or with midi keys . Just saying .

@DBM try holding the step button then pressing a pad...

Indeed it does ! Not sure how I missed that as I was rtfm , but I did . Good on ya arturia .

peteone43

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2015, 05:42:55 am »
TRANSPORT COUNT IN OPTION

(just like on LIVE)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines