April 26, 2024, 01:39:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BeatStep Pro Feature Request Thread  (Read 80314 times)

RichMakeGame

Re: BeatStep Pro Feature Request Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2015, 03:36:41 pm »
I don't really know any more, someone just said that while recording steps, i guess via midi in either usb or 5 pin- that bsp would also record ccs sent to it, so you could achieve something similar to elektron parameter locks. Probably requires a bit of experimentation, if indeed it does record ccs.

an3

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2015, 10:29:33 am »
dunno or it has already been mentionned, but it would be great if u can loop per 16 steps (4 editting purposes) when a pattern is > 16 steps

PeterWolf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2015, 01:51:00 pm »
I don't really know any more, someone just said that while recording steps, i guess via midi in either usb or 5 pin- that bsp would also record ccs sent to it, so you could achieve something similar to elektron parameter locks. Probably requires a bit of experimentation, if indeed it does record ccs.

I've asked on the BSP FB group the guy who claim that to explain how he had this result.

we are not the only one who want this option, look here : https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/981755-omg-new-pro-beatstep-arturia-7.html

and Denis from Arturia said :
An update is technically possible but I can't make any promise.

hopefully we will have this functionnality soon... I just receive mine today so I will try on my own

renasent

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2015, 09:24:06 am »
Love the BSP. Very good work Arturia. These three  improvements would make it perfect for me. In no particular order;

1. Nudge patterns forward/backward on the BSP itself.
2. Pattern chaining. Just for a simple way to make loops longer than 4 bars.
3. Randomise initial sequence. For inspiration!

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2015, 01:37:06 pm »
dunno or it has already been mentionned, but it would be great if u can loop per 16 steps (4 editting purposes) when a pattern is > 16 steps

Not only for editing purposes, but for performance also.  To be able to isolate 16 steps of a 64 step pattern, any 16 not just the first division, would make for far more expressive improvisation.

A way to specify the first and last step would be the way to do it, I guess.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 06:07:41 am by megamarkd »
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

ambrohski

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2015, 01:43:00 am »
How about recording into the sequencer with an external midi keyboard?

Or some tutorial on saving set-ups with the software?

Zymos

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2015, 04:41:03 am »
How about recording into the sequencer with an external midi keyboard?

You can already do that.

ivkt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2015, 01:32:45 pm »
Yep, autosave is crucial. I had hoped this sequencer would be a tool for dynamic performance and improvisation, much like the Elektron style of sequencing - however as it is now, where losing your work is the default behavior upon switching patterns, I find it to be extremely rigid and limiting. It doesn't lend to dynamic improvised performance - instead, it lends to pre-prepared sets and pressing the Next button. I might as well use Ableton and my own controller. Auto save is crucial. I hope it's possible and slated for the next update.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2015, 02:00:03 pm »
Yep, autosave is crucial. I had hoped this sequencer would be a tool for dynamic performance and improvisation, much like the Elektron style of sequencing - however as it is now, where losing your work is the default behavior upon switching patterns, I find it to be extremely rigid and limiting. It doesn't lend to dynamic improvised performance - instead, it lends to pre-prepared sets and pressing the Next button. I might as well use Ableton and my own controller. Auto save is crucial. I hope it's possible and slated for the next update.

Agreed. I had a really hard time getting used to the idea of not dealing with a state-machine type of sequencer (what you set is what you get).

I understand the usefulness of the current behaviour of BSP but an "auto-save" would be useful too, so I guess a quick way to toggle these, maybe by doing Shift+Save to toggle auto-save on/off would be ideal for both types of uses and users.

Vic-tor

• Sound designer & Jedi
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2015, 04:27:52 pm »
Yep, autosave is crucial.

I agree on this one and will try to push it forward :)

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2015, 04:40:56 pm »
Yep, autosave is crucial.
I agree on this one and will try to push it forward :)
Good to know! :)

sunflowr

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2015, 05:08:31 pm »
Hello people from Arturia reading this! Thanks for the BSP, it's a relly nice piece of hardware.
I think there's a great potential in BSP but currently there's a few things I really miss and I hope might come in future firmware updates.

A few things on my wish-list:

* Drum roll for analog outputs please! Why is this only a feature for midi?
* Different length of the of the drum-tracks - I'd love to be able to do polyrythmic stuff!
* Change the behaviour of the Mute-button for drums - currently if I press Mute all the drums go silence, what I'd like to happen is that it would toggle the same mode as Shift+Mute does so I don't have to use two hands in order to Mute single drum sounds.

(BONUS: Even higher clock-outputs on the analog clock - the possibility to output the clock at what ever the internal clock rate is - 96ppq or what ever you might use. The high clock output isn't really a problem as I think most people who use BSP with modulars have clock dividers to fix that)

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:10:59 pm by sunflowr »

frukost

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2015, 11:06:02 pm »
On the top of my head (sorry if i missed these suggestions earlier):
- record and maintan a randomized pattern, instead of the constant changing randomization
- pattern chaining (yes me too)
- individual note length (8ths, quarters, triplets etc) per drum part
- being able to customize ALL of the scale presets, instead of having just one slot

tallgeese

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2015, 03:02:30 am »
It would be INSANELY GREAT if the Shift button on the BS Pro could send MIDI CC.

Make it happen Arturia.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2015, 12:01:49 pm »
It would be INSANELY GREAT if the Shift button on the BS Pro could send MIDI CC.

Make it happen Arturia.
Fortunately Arturia already made it happen as an unpublished feature. Same for BeatStep.

I only hope this extremely useful feature isn't removed in future firmware versions.
("Insanely great" would be to have this same feature on older Arturia controllers, like the Factory32 ;) that desperately needs this feature to allow a a proper expansion of all e faders and knobs with script-aware DAWs)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines