April 18, 2024, 06:01:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BeatStep Pro Feature Request Thread  (Read 80140 times)

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: BeatStep Pro Feature Request Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2015, 12:35:32 pm »
I'm fairly happy with my BSP and can live with a lot of the 'issues' people are asking to be fixed, but if there is one thing I would really, really like, it would be a constant midi clock signal to be sent from the midi out.  I have four other sequencers (five if I include the Evolver but it doesn't send notes out) I would like to run on the the midi clock from the BSP but don't want to have to have it running to be able to start any of the others, but nor do I want to use my RY30 or my M1 as the master clock (the Fat Controller is never going to be the master clock, no tempo display for a start).  The BSP has the ability to run at tempos other than whole numbers, which is sometimes a lot easier than trying to set non-tempo-synced delays in milliseconds by steps of 5ms to match a tempo, so I would really like to be able to clock my other sequencers to it rather than being stuck in the 80's running in whole number tempos.
Until I got the BSP I was running everything clocked from the RY30, but I'm now sequencing it with the BSP, so the RY30 needs to sit after the BSP, or I run a huge m-f-ing loop incorporating multiple midi splitters.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Rupertt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2015, 07:23:28 am »
please add an optione where you can set if the start/stop signal on the clock out be set to sent just a small trigger instead beeing high while the sequencer is running.
Doesnt work with my doepfer gear the way it is now.

Skeyelab

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2015, 09:02:33 pm »
I want to be able to make a 16 step beat, then make it longer, having the original beat doubled.  This is key for live use.

This happens on the spark now.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:48:26 pm by Skeyelab »

jahasw

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2015, 12:20:29 am »
I want to be able to make a 16 step beat, then make it longer, having the original beat doubled.  This is key for live use.

7.3 Extend a pattern or sequence on Manual page 46...

SHIFT + >>

Vic-tor

• Sound designer & Jedi
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2015, 09:30:02 am »
Hmm not sure what you mean, it has 64 steps like the others !

Did you make sure to update your firmware?

Skeyelab

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2015, 03:34:10 pm »

7.3 Extend a pattern or sequence on Manual page 46...

SHIFT + >>

Awesome.  Thanks.  I've read it a few times but missed this part. 

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2015, 03:46:24 pm »
SHIFT + CHAN = SELECT MIDI IN (RCV) CHANNEL for each SEQ 1/2/DR/CTRL would be nice too

for routing live recorded patterns via an external keyboard...
+1 on this.

...and being able to use the User Channel (or a new specific Passthrough MIDI Channel, set with Shift+CHAN) as an unfiltered MIDI passthrough between USB and MIDI DIN out.

Right now, MIDI sent through SEQ1/SEQ2 is filtered down to mono and mod+pitchbend'less, which is fine and understandable for USB->CV, so a 4th channel could be used as USB->DIN, completing BSP's feature-set regarding USB/DIN/CV interfacing.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:48:54 pm by Koshdukai »

PPZ

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2015, 08:49:46 am »
Shift + Rec: Start sequence on the press of the drumpad (so that you always start your pattern on 1) would be very useful

jahasw

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2015, 12:32:26 pm »

...and being able to use the User Channel (or a new specific Passthrough MIDI Channel, set with Shift+CHAN) as an unfiltered MIDI passthrough between USB and MIDI DIN out.

Right now, MIDI sent through SEQ1/SEQ2 is filtered down to mono and mod+pitchbend'less, which is fine and understandable for USB->CV, so a 4th channel could be used as USB->DIN, completing BSP's feature-set regarding USB/DIN/CV interfacing.

+1

I made a ticket about having MIDI Thru option for messages and complete channels that are not handled by BSP.
I have MIDI Keyboard connected via MIDI in of BSP, and currently i cannot play instruments other than those channels used by sequencers.
Also modwheel and pitchbend should work.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2015, 03:31:31 pm »
I made a ticket about having MIDI Thru option for messages and complete channels that are not handled by BSP.
I guess that would be even smarter, letting all unreserved input MIDI Channels passthrough to MIDI DIN out :)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2015, 03:46:05 pm »
The only problem with this is that you could save different midi channels  set for different projects so you may have other synths say on a live set that you use on another song/project

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2015, 03:58:52 pm »
The only problem with this is that you could save different midi channels  set for different projects so you may have other synths say on a live set that you use on another song/project
True. Using unassigned channels may provide a more "random'ish" behavior to this feature forcing the user to be a bit more organized and use it on a very well planned (fixed'ish) setup.

PeterWolf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2015, 10:05:06 am »
Add a dropdown in MCC for velocity on each sequencer (at least each of the drum sequencer pads) to change MIDI CC for velocity to something else

I totally agree : being able to record an automation not only on Pitch, velo and gate but also in any CC I want (in my case in the synth parts but also on the drum part). a simple example is to make a "dubstep like" wobble bass where the LFO varies with the notes. but also automate the filter CutOff / reso could be great.

Anyway great job Arturia with this sequencer

RichMakeGame

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2015, 11:40:32 am »
Add a dropdown in MCC for velocity on each sequencer (at least each of the drum sequencer pads) to change MIDI CC for velocity to something else

I totally agree : being able to record an automation not only on Pitch, velo and gate but also in any CC I want (in my case in the synth parts but also on the drum part). a simple example is to make a "dubstep like" wobble bass where the LFO varies with the notes. but also automate the filter CutOff / reso could be great.

Anyway great job Arturia with this sequencer

Have you tried it? Someone in the bsp facebook group claimed the bsp records and outputs ccs per step.

PeterWolf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2015, 03:23:37 pm »
Then can you post here what he is saying or ask for precisions on the FB group because I dont have access to this group (pending request) and I am probably not the only here who need this information.

Thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines