March 28, 2024, 04:40:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ONLY listen on one MIDI channel  (Read 2768 times)

elmegil

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ONLY listen on one MIDI channel
« on: July 15, 2015, 05:55:49 am »
I have the ultimate collection, and I have a newly acquired Beatstep Pro.

With the default config, my understanding is that the BSP sends seq 1 on MIDI channel 1, seq 2 on MIDI channel 2, and drums on MIDI channel 10.  No surprises in any of that.

So while I'm playing with it with just my laptop, I'd like to assign channel 1 to my MiniV, channel 2 to some other ultimate synth, and drums to Spark.

However, so far trying to get this set up, I find that both seq 1 & seq 2 are being picked up by my MiniV, and I have not yet been able to figure out where/how I can tell it to only listen for channel 1.  Manual talks about midi controller functions/learning, not relevant, and there is another post near the top of the forum, but it seems to be about using MIDI for presets -- not my use case.

Is this doable?

Thanks....

LBH

Re: ONLY listen on one MIDI channel
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 02:07:39 pm »
I don't know if this solve your problem.

In Mini V top bar/ tool bar  there is a midi selector labeled "midi". Try set this to the desired specific midi channel instead of "all".

elmegil

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: ONLY listen on one MIDI channel
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 03:34:47 pm »
Yes that does it.

Someone else (on Facebook) pointed that out to me this morning as well.

I looked at that bar repeatedly, but my eye kept being drawn to "MIDI LEARN" instead of that one.

And I don't see where this is referenced in the docs (I searched for "MIDI" and all I could find was info about the Learn function).

Thanks, I have it now!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines