March 28, 2024, 10:30:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED !!]Now Arturia needs to make an affordable Analog Drum Machine.  (Read 4255 times)

Old_School

I noticed the other day that there are more affordable analog synths out there now than ever before (MiniBrute, Microbrute, BSII, even the newer Moog stuff is a bargain compared to the past, also Korg stuff, etc.) however analog drum machines seem to be as pricey as ever. Sure there is the Volca Beats and the Rhythm Wolf but they are quite limited and often lack good usable sounds. There's the TR-8, though not analog, sounds pretty good for what it does but is rather limited to 808 and 909 sounds and if you want more sounds (707) it'll cost you even more bringing the cost upwards to that of analog drum machines. Most good analog drum machines these days with a decent amount of features for editing and sequencing cost $1000+ I'm thinking with the entrance of the new Beatstep Pro Arturia should look at perhaps doing their own analog drum machine that sounds great and works with drum gates.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 02:24:01 pm by ben arturia »

Re: Now Arturia needs to make an affordable Analog Drum Machine.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 03:37:34 am »
Here here! Something like the DSI tempest, but not $2000.

Old_School

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 05:51:37 am »
I'm sure it can be done for well under $1000. Mind you I understand that it would possibly compete with Arturia's own Spark LE but I figure the Spark LE is about $250 USD now a decent analog drum machine I'm sure Arturia could do for $400-$500 USD. Of course we'd need CV inputs and hopefully 8 channel outputs like the 808/909 had.

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 11:12:37 pm »
Interesting idea, but I can't see it. Spark is their drum of choice, albeit a software version. A hardware analog drum machine would be quite a task. The Tempest is a great machine, I don't see anybody making a better version, given the two guys involved in it's birth.

Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

rysm

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 08:05:37 am »
A 5-6 voice drum machine without an onboard sequencer in the vein of the Vermona MKIII. Individual outs, cv control, and inserts for effects. Price point $400-600. This would be awesome.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 08:07:49 am by rysm »

zhaoliyin

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 08:20:15 am »
hello

syrupcore

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 08:26:19 pm »
Here here! Something like the DSI tempest, but not $2000.

More like the Akai Rhythm Wolf. Just significantly less terrible and without a sequencer.

Man-Machine

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 06:06:26 pm »
I feel the pain. Today you either spend around $100 for an entry level drum machine or $1000+ for one that might be overkill. Nothing in between...

A drum machine should always have a sequencer by definition. Otherwise you'd have to call it something else.

BTW, I love the Akai Wolf sequencer. That's what I mainly use live. It would be my only beatbox if it had individual outs and a little better sounds. That FILL button is very important to me.
L8er Osci8ers

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 01:30:20 am »
A 5-6 voice drum machine without an onboard sequencer in the vein of the Vermona MKIII. Individual outs, cv control, and inserts for effects. Price point $400-600. This would be awesome.

You can pick up a vermona DRM 1 for that, why not just get one of them.

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Old_School

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 04:28:28 am »
DRM1 MKIII is over $1000 CDN, so just under $1000 USD. Surely a good quality analog drum machine with CV/Gate + MIDI + 8 audio outs (so I can got direct channels to a hardware mixer) can be done in around the $600 USD range. If they wanted they could go hybrid with half analog and half TAE. Call it the Allspark.

Me and many others are wanting to get away from laptops, do more live set ups with analog equipment. All the Arturia hardware gear is pretty affordable (well except the MatrixBrute), I have Mini & MicrBrute, BSP, 49 key Arturia MIDI keyboard, gonna buy a Keystep this month and now I just want an Arturia standalone analog drum machine (also a free T-shirt for having bouhgt so much Arturia gear :)

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 07:09:02 am »
Heheheheh, this thread maybe dead, but I think Arturia heard you Old_School.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines