April 20, 2024, 12:54:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Very displeased with Beatstep Pro  (Read 10508 times)

ArguZ

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Very displeased with Beatstep Pro
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2015, 11:12:35 am »
Yes, i can confirm you can save an empty sequence with 80% gate.
Instead of making this a default option i wish for a ALL STEPS function where on hold down Shift and can change the stepps simultaneously to a shared value or respectively shorter or longer from their actual values.
SHIFT 2-16 can be used for soooo many new features :)

CJMOR1804

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 01:05:30 am »
Question:
If you've adjusted the gate on a step, then you replace the note on that step, does the gate revert to 50%, or does it stay as you set it?
If the latter, then is it possible to set up a 'blank' project in which all the gates have been pre-adjusted to, e.g. 80%, but all steps are off?
If so, then this would be an indirect way to use a different default.

Answer is yes to all of the above. Toggle a step on/off it still has the same knob settings (pitch, shift, vel, and gate). Any changes to the knob settings will be stored until you clear the pattern or project. Can save the pattern or project without any notes to make a default template.

The settings can be transferred to the Midi Control Center too. So in case you accidentally clear your saved pattern on the Beatstep Pro, you can still recall it from the software. I don't, however, see any way to change those specific knob settings within the software itself.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 01:13:22 am by CJMOR1804 »

calvinsomething

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2015, 03:37:24 am »
Yes, i can confirm you can save an empty sequence with 80% gate.
Instead of making this a default option i wish for a ALL STEPS function where on hold down Shift and can change the stepps simultaneously to a shared value or respectively shorter or longer from their actual values.
SHIFT 2-16 can be used for soooo many new features :)

Shift + the #1 knob should be the ALL STEPS function you're dreaming about. I hope they implement that.

Also, being able to select a range of steps would possibly be good, but maybe that's too much.

However, I would love a "Shift" option for the knobs of Seq 1 and 2 like there is for the drum section, and a way to differentiate between a sustained note and re-triggered notes, and ability to do longer slides.

The original poster with the nudge suggestion--it could be good, but not a priority as it's only for fixing mistakes, which is really the user's own fault.

RichMakeGame

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2015, 04:30:47 am »
Nudge isn't just for fixing mistakes, the feel of a melody can be drastically altered by moving it around in time relative to the beat

maudibe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2015, 05:15:55 am »
+1 million for the nudge feature. I use this sort of thing all the time with my modular: Not only is is good for re-aligning a sequence to get the piece sounding right on the down beat, it is also really useful for altering the feel and giving the impression of variation against the beat / other elements.

I simply do this on Pressure Points for example by pressing a new start point.... another way in modular is just send a reset 'off' the correct beat - so instead of sending the reset at beat one, send it at 3 or 5 or whatever. Makes for great grooves.

So, implementing the ability to nudge forward or backwards by 16th steps would be very very nice on the BSP - you could have a good groove, copy it and off-set the copy by a number of steps. Great.

It's not for fixing user programming error, but a creative device.  :-*
48u Euro :) Korg Karma, iMac, BSP

BLEO

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • The dUmmydroMe
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2015, 04:38:59 pm »
2. The encoders seem fine for me, if you move them fast you get to 99  very quickly

I'm sorry, but I'd hardly call that "fine." When in Control Mode, that encoder behaviour would make it impossible to complete a filter cutoff sweep with any sort of rhythmic or musical precision (ie from 0 to 127 over the course of a bar or measure).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines