March 28, 2024, 01:16:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cannot Edit Anything in Analog Lab  (Read 9058 times)

keston

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Cannot Edit Anything in Analog Lab
« on: July 10, 2015, 04:26:02 am »
Hello. I am trying to figure out why I cannot edit anything in Analog Lab. It doesn't matter if I'm using the standalone application or a VST. When I press the picture that says "EDIT" nothing happens. I have registered and activated AL on my laptop, installed all updates, and restarted my computer several times but the problem persists.

Although the patches play beautifully and I can use controls on my KeyLab controller to make minor modifications, it is essentially useless to me because I primarily design my own sounds rather than using presets. Also, every time I quit the app I get the "Analog Lab Quit Unexpectedly" error. Here are my details:

Analog Lab 1.2.3.782
Mac OSX 10.10.3
2.53 GHz  Core 2 Duo
8 GB Ram
500 GB SSD with > 100 GB free

LBH

Re: Cannot Edit Anything in Analog Lab
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 05:47:43 am »
Hello. I am trying to figure out why I cannot edit anything in Analog Lab. It doesn't matter if I'm using the standalone application or a VST. When I press the picture that says "EDIT" nothing happens. I have registered and activated AL on my laptop, installed all updates, and restarted my computer several times but the problem persists.

Although the patches play beautifully and I can use controls on my KeyLab controller to make minor modifications, it is essentially useless to me because I primarily design my own sounds rather than using presets. Also, every time I quit the app I get the "Analog Lab Quit Unexpectedly" error. Here are my details:

Analog Lab 1.2.3.782
Mac OSX 10.10.3
2.53 GHz  Core 2 Duo
8 GB Ram
500 GB SSD with > 100 GB free

Please refere to Analog Lab manual section 5.4.6 - Editing a preset.

You will only have the option to edit a preset thru the "edit" you mention if you have a copy of the original synth installed too.
Else no need to buy the v-collection synths if Analog Lab had them for a small price.
If you have the original synth for a Analog Lab preset, then you should be able to edt thru the "edit" you mention. If you have the original synth too and you can't edit presets etc. thru "edit", then please contact Arturia technical support.
If you only have Analog Lab, then as i said that's why you can't  use the "Edit" picture.

Only having Analog Lab you can however edit the Analog Lab presets using Analog Labs own parameters. And You can blend two presets in multimode and also use Analog Labs effects.
So a lot of possiblities, as the Analog Lab parameters among others include both filter,  envelope and other soundcreation  parameters.
Please read Analog Lab manual for further informations.

And yes Analog Lab can unfortunately behave unstable. Arturia must work on that.

EDIT.
BTW: If you have the original synths in the v collection be sure yu have them checked in the pref window of Analog Lab as editable. Usually happen automatic afaik.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 04:39:47 pm by LBH »

keston

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 05:17:15 pm »
Thanks for the detailed reply. So, if I have this right, the KeyLab 88 includes Analog Lab without the ability create patches or do any in-depth sound design for any of the included synths? (I have been able to adjust the "KeyLab" parameters, but in many cases I can't even change the effects.)

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 05:49:48 pm »
Thanks for the detailed reply. So, if I have this right, the KeyLab 88 includes Analog Lab without the ability create patches or do any in-depth sound design for any of the included synths? (I have been able to adjust the "KeyLab" parameters, but in many cases I can't even change the effects.)

Hi Keston,

You are welcome.

Yes you don't have the original synths then. So you only have the parameters in Analog Lab software.

Regarding the effects:
In Analog Lab you have the possibilty to set the wet level of presets effects. If you turn the wet level down to zero, then you can use Analog Lab's own effects instead if you create a multi. Analog Lab has two effect sends and 17 effects for each slot.

I will say you have lots of editing possiblities for many synths. Also for some in depth editing. In Analog Lab software You have 20 possibel parameters for a synth sound plus the level knob and the modwheels beside the many effect posibilyties.

As said in my first post, Of coarse Analog Lab has to be stable. That you can contact Arturia about.

BTW: Keylab 88 is a controller keyboard. Not a synth. Analog Lab is just one possible piece of software that goes with it.
If you buy other software you can control that software without using Analog Lab.
This is what Arturia write on the sales site for the controllers: " Use with Analog Lab or with any other MIDI software."

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:59:03 pm by LBH »

keston

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 06:36:43 pm »
> BTW: Keylab 88 is a controller keyboard. Not a synth.

That goes without saying. I bought this primarily as a replacement for an older non-weighted controller. I expected that the included software would be more functional and should have read the fine print.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 10:37:22 pm »
> BTW: Keylab 88 is a controller keyboard. Not a synth.

That goes without saying. I bought this primarily as a replacement for an older non-weighted controller. I expected that the included software would be more functional and should have read the fine print.

Yes it's definetely allways a good thing to read about a product;)

Did'nt mean to sound condescending. Just put the controller not a synth thing in there just in case, as Arturia do make something they call hardware synthesizers.

Your problem is'nt more bad, than you can buy the V-collection synths or others software synths or even use free software synths. Some of them are quite good, even thou many only works as plug-ins.
Also the Analog Lab has many possibilyties as i wrote.
The Arturia controller i hope is a good one. :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines