April 24, 2024, 01:03:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Compatibility with Volca  (Read 13054 times)

paulskiogorki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Compatibility with Volca
« on: July 09, 2015, 07:18:08 pm »
Hi

I am considering a purchase of the BeatStep Pro. At the moment I have one Volca in my setup, the Beats, and I am wondering if anyone knows how to best connect to the BeatStep Pro. Obviously MIDI will work. But I don't know much about the 'sync' input on the Beats (since I only have the one box). Is this a proprietary Korg thing or is there some way to use this input from the Arturia device?

Thanks

Paul

TinyVince

• Apprentice
Re: Compatibility with Volca
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 08:30:52 pm »
Hallo
Plane the same here. It should be not a prob to trigger all volca slots via MidiIn in use beatstep pro`s upper drumlane.
In this case volcas internal sequencer its not necessary anymore .

Greetings
TinyVince

Lu77

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 01:33:56 pm »
The trigger will send clock, but not trigger individual voices. Midi is the way to go for actual sequencing. I can't remember which CV control is to be used I think it might be mentioned in the Sonicstate demo video recently released.

StutzJr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 11:05:40 am »
I've been able to drive my Volca Keys via the BeatStep Pro's MIDI out port.  Don't know enough about sync yet to try any other methods.

One odd thing I did notice - when using the BSP in the default "int" sync mode, when I start my sequence the Volca also begins to play it's currently selected pattern at the same time.  I realise this is probably intended, but I don't know yet how to stop the volca from starting it's own pattern when I start the BSP.  As I know there is a way to factory reset all the default Volca patterns, I just erased the #1 pattern so there is no sequence or motion recorded on the first pattern.

CJMOR1804

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 05:31:30 am »
I've been able to drive my Volca Keys via the BeatStep Pro's MIDI out port.  Don't know enough about sync yet to try any other methods.

One odd thing I did notice - when using the BSP in the default "int" sync mode, when I start my sequence the Volca also begins to play it's currently selected pattern at the same time.  I realise this is probably intended, but I don't know yet how to stop the volca from starting it's own pattern when I start the BSP.  As I know there is a way to factory reset all the default Volca patterns, I just erased the #1 pattern so there is no sequence or motion recorded on the first pattern.

Maybe try turning off the transports in the Control Center, under device settings.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 05:33:05 am by CJMOR1804 »

Lu77

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 05:44:47 pm »
I recommend buying a midi splitter to be able to send midi out to all three volcas. Sync will not send sequences, only clock and stop start.

Midi solutions Thru box with 4 outs would be suitable and not too costly.

Boytec

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 10:46:00 pm »

Maybe try turning off the transports in the Control Center, under device settings.

Tried this and it didnt help...Im on the latest firmware.

Steinberger

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 11:09:23 pm »
As @StutzJr indicated just clear all on Pattern #1 on the Volca Beats and leave it that way for use with other sequencers like the BSP. I have it connected directly to the MIDI port of the BSP. I also made a post here on the MIDI note mappings to use with the BSP drum sequencer set in the Drum Map section of MCC application.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines