March 28, 2024, 12:20:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Drum pad/track question. Different midi channels per pad?  (Read 18340 times)

hardware 408

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Drum pad/track question. Different midi channels per pad?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 08:01:32 am »
What are you doing that needs different midi channels on each pad in the drum sequencer?? 

Get a second BSP they are fairly cheap and you get two more synth channels too :)

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 10:08:48 am »
Triggering instruments on different drum machines/samplers.  I had some need years ago to do this, but I can't remember why.  My RY-30 can do it, but it was considerably more expensive when it was released than the BSP.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Steinberger

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2017, 02:52:54 am »
About the midi channel per pad on drums we will discuss to implement this feature as they are many demands.

Thanks for the consideration! I think a lot of people might even be relieved with just the bottom 8 pads dong this "when pad.number, send note.myNote on channel.myChannel" logic if it helps you guys and gals with CPU demands. The top 8 could be used to enable/disable the corresponding bottom 8.

Regardless, like you see here, some of us have bought a BSP anyway knowing this but what you don't see are the ones who would like to buy one and aren't because of this limitation.

Please keep us updated on it! Me want!

Got the update! Works great! Thanks!  ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines