March 28, 2024, 09:55:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Missing automation parameters in Jupiter 8v audio unit  (Read 9374 times)

paulbinns

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Missing automation parameters in Jupiter 8v audio unit
« on: March 14, 2010, 04:49:11 am »
Hi

just got my license for the jupiter this week. I am a bit disappointed to find that numerous controls in the interface are not available for automation eg LFO wave shape, VCO mod select, VCO PW mode, VCO1 shape, Osc2 low freq, VCO2 shape, Envelope 1 keyboard follow, Envelope 1 polarity and Env 2 keyboard follow - these are all the ones on the main panel I could find.

I like to build automap templates for all my softsynths so that I can get away from mousing around while creating and editing sound and these omissions are rather severe holes in the whole 'tactile experience' vibe.

I understand that I can bind midi control messages to individual controllers but this doesnt help with automap and also means that the parameter names are missing in any automation I might do. Given the high level of detail that various other parts of the interface are attended to with automation I can only assume that it was a mistake to leave all of these out.

Roshi Ai

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.myspace.com/roshiai www.myspace.com/thesoulmadesystem
Re: Missing automation parameters in Jupiter 8v audio unit
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 08:23:33 pm »
Huh?...have you tried "midi learning" the parameters?

tommym

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 05:27:00 am »
I have tried that, but these parameters are not remembered when i restart the standalone app, or the host app (in the case of the plug-in.) Actually, I can't restart the host app (Digital Performer) because the newer beta from about a month ago (that's still the newest, right?) won't pass DP's (or Logic's) AU test.

I was told that these problems would be fixed in the next release. Please correct me if I'm mistaken? thanks.

Until then, I have not been using v.2, but going back to v. 1 which at least remembers controller maps, and will pass AU inspection.

PS - I hope when the parameter mapping IS fixed, the same CC# will work for both the upper and the lower sound in a split or a dual, depending on whichever (upper or lower) is currently in edit mode.
  If we have to assign 2 different cc #'s  - for example, cc71 to Upper VCF cutoff, and cc72 to Lower VCF cutoff, that will cut in 1/2 the number of controller knobs available, and will make the VI much less like the real hardware synth - which used the same slider (for example) to control VCF, whether it was for the Upper or Lower sound - it didn't have 2 separate sliders - the Upper/Lower switch determined which parameter was being addressed by the same slider.
 : )

EDIT - it's been fixed - well, the standalone and au plug ins in J8v2, now recall from one launch to the next, Midi CC assignments. But that's not to say that the Automap/available for automation feature that paulbinns refers to has been fixed/corrected/added. Hopefully they will be revived in an update.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:43:53 am by tommym »

paulbinns

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 06:17:43 am »
Huh?...have you tried "midi learning" the parameters?

As I said in the last paragraph of my post: I understand that I can bind midi control messages to individual controllers but this doesnt help with automap and also means that the parameter names are missing in any automation I might do (using Logic). Given the high level of detail that various other parts of the interface are attended to with automation I can only assume that it was a mistake to leave all of these out.

fade

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 05:23:00 am »
I'm in the same boat here. I'm making a Lemur template for most of the Arturia soft synths and I'm finding that in every synth there are a lot of parameters that don't show themselves to the host. The included Midi Learn isn't that great of an implementation nowadays and having those parameters shown to ableton would let these synths stay up to date.
I really hope Arturia updates these. I mean it can't be that hard...

Dav1d

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 11:09:06 am »
All Arturia plug-ins are not fully automated.
==> http://arturia.com/evolution/kb/?View=entry&EntryID=173

The update is planned fr the next summer...

Loopa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Missing automation parameters in Jupiter 8v audio unit
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 08:55:11 pm »
Hi everyone,

I also have this problem and it's a rather large issue for me as regards automation and also automapping controllers.

Has this been fixed in the newest version?

I'm definitely willing to purchase an upgrade. My current version is: Jupiter-8V2 2.5.5 116 v38144P 32-bit

:-)

Kind regards,
Loopa

PS

The missing parameters in my version of Jupiter-8V are:

Top panel
* ArpSync
* LFO Wave Shape (Bypass?)
* VCO Mod Select
* VCO PW Mode
* Oscillator 2 Wave Shape
* Envelope 1 keyboard follow (On/Off switch)
* Envelope 1 polarity
* Envelope 2 keyboard follow (On/Off switch)

Middle panel
* LFO SYNC (button next to "Detune")
* Arpeggio Range (Buttons: 1,2,3,4)
* Arpeggio Mode (Buttons: UP, DOWN, UD, RND)
* Assign Mode (Buttons: Solo, UNI, POLY)
* HOLD LOW
* HOLD UP
* Key Mode (Buttons: DUAL, Spl, Whl)
* Panel Mode (Buttons: LOW, UP)

Lower panel:
* VCO1BendSW
* VCO2BendSW
* VCFBendSW
* VCOLFOSw
* VCFLFOSw
* VCOBendAmt
* VCFBendAmt
* VCOLFOAmt
* VCFLFOAmt
* LFO MOD (White button above pitch wheel)
* LFO Rise Time
* Portamento
* Portamento Switch

DS

ahmce

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 11:34:58 am »
Hi, was wondering if anyone found a solution to this issue?? Particularly looking to automate LFO MOD (White button above pitch wheel) for a current project.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines