March 28, 2024, 05:28:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: can't record sequencer/bank/pattern in cubase - only drumpads played live  (Read 1960 times)

boo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi,

i use windows, cubase and try to record my Spark CDM.
cubase gets a MIDI signal from spark (drum pads played live and sequencer/bank) but cubase is only recording the drumpads if played, not the sequencer/bank.
I watched many tutorials but could not find any solution...

thanks.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:41:42 pm by boo »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Hi this is a major bug that arturia are aware of . your best bet is to drag and drop the midi into cubase or record the audio  on different channels . or make the beats up in cubase.
ill ask the team if theres any progress on this.

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

boo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Ok!
bad surprise! :( I thought thats what it actually is made for. In my opinion that should be one of the main purposes. Now the spark makes less sense for me. Is there any reason for this bug?
At the moment I am using the Spark 2.0.1 update. Can you tell me in which menu of spark I can drag and drop the midi? I used to know how to drag and drop the samples in an earlier version, it was at the library i think. Now it does not work in the library anymore.
Let me know if there are any news from the team.

Thank you.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Hi , i know i used to use the send midi to sequencer a lot to control other drum vst. the team say they know about it and do not have news for me at the moment.

to drag and drop got to the sequencer and there in the top left hand corner you will see 2 blocks one or midi and one for audio
see screenshot
If theres anything else let me know

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

boo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Ok that was easy!
Yes, it is very useful to use spark as a controler for other drum vst. (I am glad that at least this works!!!)
I am not a professional but my proposal for the team is to integrate a midi live recorder/sequencer which is unlimited in time in the spark. From the sequencer, which could be a very simple structured one where only the necessary features are offered, it should be still possible to drag and drop the midi files to e.g. cubase.  ;) That would make the spark way more useful.

thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines