April 25, 2024, 03:32:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can anyone explain ...? 2. I can't reply answers on my first thread.  (Read 2022 times)

LBH

I Can't reply answers on my first thread about this subject. Why not?

Please read the first thread first. This is a reply.

Artao replied.

This is my reply to Artao.

Hi Artao,

Thanks for your respons. Much appreciated. Saw your respons today.

Yes a lot is going on. Sometimes i find, that i just forgot to edit a knob. Like i thought the LFO triangle only was a ramp down. Forgot i could change that.

We agree about the last 4 mixer channels. It needs to be fixed.

I don't have that section  1.13.7 in my two manual versions. It's not in the latest manual.
Actually i think the manual needs to explain more. Especially as so much is going on.

You say there is no differences between the FM inputs in the drivers. But mine behave differently. The one marked "lin" behave one way, and the others another. Using the "lin" input with a mod controlled lfo thru the mixer, then the mod start when the mod whell is raised a little. Using the other input's the mod wheel needs to be around half way up to hear a mod.
Is the "lin" markes liniar and the others exponentiel?
The one in the bottom is marked "lin" I have the newest Modular. Version 2.7.2.547.
I have in a earlier version made preset's used connections like to the first driver FM input that now react different.

Clearly things has changed, as preset's clearly are using some connections that no longer works the same as when the preset was created. Also talking about preset's delivered from arturia.
Arturi need to fix it. The product is damaged.

I hope the next versions of the v-collection apps come very soon, and all bugs are repaired. I don't feel to safe using Arturia right now. But i think Arturia synth's is'nt sounding as cold and clinical as other soft synth.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:25:01 pm by LBH »

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Hi here  :P

Regarding 'lin' in general. Yes, that indicates that that parameter is adjusted linearly rather than exponentially. And yes, linear is "stronger" and flat. Exponential will give you a more gradual and finer control than linear, which is why that's what most of the knobs are. Having a few linear here and there is also useful tho. I can't comment on presets sounding different, as I've not yet had enough experience with them to notice.
And you are correct, my mistake. The drivers do indeed have 1 of the 3 FM inputs as linear.

I don't know about 'fixing' the mixer. I've experienced no problems with the mixer, it functions as described for me. I use those 4 linear channels as the mixer for my final outputs (to VCA1 and VCA2). The other 12 channels I use for mixing and routing signals within the patch structure.

I agree the manual could be clearer in some areas, such as the linear vs. exponential controls.
It's weird that your manual doesn't have that section. I just downloaded this one maybe two months ago.  ???

I did have the pre- Arturia Software Center version of Modular V installed since last fall before buying the entire V Collection, and getting the new version of Modular V installed.
It sure does seem like the new version has some issues not previously there. Still, I enjoy using it and if I'm careful about not patching any feedback loops into the filters everything seems just fine.

I'm sure Arturia is at work upgrading all their V Collection synths as we speak. They're just not very communicative about it, which is unfortunate. I know one thing they're working on is updating the GUI of all their synths to make them re-sizeable! \o/ I'm sure that's taking them a lot of time.
Hopefully, while they're doing this, they'll find the time to fix these issues that have cropped up since the Arturia Software Center update. I like the new licensing system, but could do without the bugs .. tho I'll add that, as irritating as the ones present are, there's not really all that many of them.
Right now, just about everything I'm working on includes at least one V Collection synth.   ;)  8)
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines