April 19, 2024, 01:24:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can anyone explain...?  (Read 1931 times)

LBH

Can anyone explain...?
« on: May 06, 2015, 07:51:48 pm »
Can anyone explain the "lin" marked inputs and outputs in Modular V?

Why are some marked and others not?

For instance it's only the 4 last outputs in the mixer section that is marked? Why? Any difference from the 12 others?

And only the last "fm" input in the drivers are marked. Why? Any difference from the others?

I've noticed that for instance using the MOD with a LFO to a drivers fm input thru the last 4 mixer channels do not work. The LFO works if you turn the channel up, and then you can modify this with the MOD. But if the channel is turned down only to use the LFO when the Mod is used is not working, just as it does with other mixer channels but the last 4. Why not? Is this a bug?

I have also noticed that M.Lupo has the last channel connected as explained above for many of his leads, but the MOD is not doing anything. So i guess it must have been possible to do at some point. So it seems as a bug.

Also i have noticed that sounds that never have had problems suddenly only output a constant loud noise as it's has connection faults. It's harmful for the ears. Absolutely not good. Also that seems like a bug to me.

Can anyone explain?

Can anyone confirm this report?

EDIT:

Tried some more tests. It looks like there is bugs with both the MOD and the LFO's.

Using for instance the Drivers connection marked "lin" - the third down in the FM line - then for instance a MOD controlled LFO connected this entry works better than on the two others. However - most of the delievered preset's use the two other connection. So it mosy clearly be a bug.

The mixer bugs - (as for instance Lupo preset's show is bugs) - is still to be checked as they do use the "lin" marked Driver input.

Looks like there are bugs in Modular V.

Arturia please correct this now. Synths with bugs like that is a damaged product.
Maybe more bugs. Please check all modules and connections etc....

I hope updates that correct all bugs in the V-collection products is comming very soon. You have such good sound in the products, not as cold and clinical as other softsynth, but it has to work correct. Too many bugs and level settings damage both ears and audio gear.
It's like some  signal routings are messed up. I think another thread reports things that can be similar bugs.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 11:14:06 pm by LBH »

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: Can anyone explain...?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 09:40:16 pm »
Regarding the four "lin" in/outs:
Manual, section 1.13.7
The four right VCA are modulated with a linear function, on the contrary, the other are
modulated with a exponential function.

8)
There's a LOT goin on in this synth, sure can be hard keeping track of everything; and this is such a brief mention of the function. I like to use the linear in/outs to send to the final master outs, sending processed groups of osciallors and filters to each input, mixed using the other 12 VCA.

re: FM inputs. No difference between the three. Only the top one is marked to indicate "this column of inputs is FM" .. same with it's neighber PWM.  ;D

re: "...  the MOD with a LFO to a drivers fm input thru the last 4 mixer channels do not work ..."
I'm not quite following what's happening here. I will say that I've been experiencing some odd behavior with this version as well. I'd bought this standalone at first, and only recently bought the V Collection, giving me the updated version (the new licensing system)

Regarding the rest: I have not experience such presets not loading right. That certainly sounds awful.
I too hope they fix these bugs ... and update the interface to be truly scalable .. I've read that they are currently working on this as the next update for all the V Collection, but we'll see.
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines