March 28, 2024, 05:21:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Preset midi mappings in AnalogLab  (Read 5450 times)

imwalker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Preset midi mappings in AnalogLab
« on: May 03, 2015, 05:53:38 am »
I hope someone can help me on this one...I have worked out how to import one of your own custom made presets (Mini V in this instance) into Analog Lab, which is great...however, I notice that if I import (by picking any preset from the Analog Lab list, editing, changing to my own preset and then saving as a new preset within Analog Lab) my preset, it comes back in to Analog Lab with the same midi mappings as was designated the original preset that I have "overridden"...is there any way I can get Analog Lab to see and import my midi mappings that I have assigned to my particular preset (in this instance I want to control the glide function which doesn't appear to be in the dropdown list of midi mappings that Analog Lab has assigned to my Keylab 49). Otherwise it appears that, if I use Analog Lab, I am constrained to use only the midi mappings assigned by Analog Lab (18 or so) which is a bit limiting...shame if this is the case, (and a suggestion for Arturia to fix in their next update!!...) as AnalogLab is a great programme for live work...I realise of course that I can assign the Mini V to a separate midi track independent of Analog Lab and then the midi mapping would work but I'd rather use Analog Lab if I can, to keep all my presets, midi mappings, etc together...are there other midi mapping options that Im not seeing in Analog Lab??...hope someone can help..

Cheers

LBH

Re: Preset midi mappings in AnalogLab
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 03:59:24 pm »
Please read this thread:
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=84372.0

It's about the same. Also controls.

Also: I don't have the save issues with glide as you do. Glide edit's is saved with Analog Lab preset's.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 04:03:58 pm by LBH »

imwalker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 01:34:22 am »
Great thanks, that answered my question...still, I would recommend that Arturia look at this in their next update to AL, it seems that this great programme has such potential that hasn't been realised..

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 03:30:18 am »
Great thanks, that answered my question...still, I would recommend that Arturia look at this in their next update to AL, it seems that this great programme has such potential that hasn't been realised..

i agree.

A new full working more stable version for those who have the individual synths would be nice.

Could be nice, to be able to handle all synths controllers thru Analog Lab.
Also to be able to set up more synths at a time in multible slots, and tobe able to quickly switch between multiple synth setups and route different midi channels to and from those setups, and things like that.

A way to exchange preset's between the individual Synths and Analog Lab would be nice too.

I think Arturias Synth can sound very close to hardware synths. Sometimes they even sounds similar. This is a big thing. This is a strength.
It would be awesome if some smart functions became added, bugs became illiminated, and it bacame better to handle preset's and the presets became optimized and balanced, and the GUI's bigger or scaleable, and the synths got a output meter added to help set the levels between presets balanced. I propably got more wishes ;)
It's not as good as it has to be for the time being and that is a weekness for Arturia.

I hope they are working on it all. The competion is hard. Arturia has good sound that hopefully get even better. But the apps have to work better and smarter and more stable in the future.

imwalker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 06:11:00 am »
Yes, all great suggestions...Im not sure how we go about forwarding these suggestions to Arturia (my first time in a forum!!) but it would be good if they could be made aware of all these suggestions and bug fixes...I guess they have a moderator who periodically reviews all posts right??

LBH

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 01:23:18 pm »
I guess they have a moderator who periodically reviews all posts right??

I guess and hope this is correct. Arturis use the forum to get reports from the users.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines