March 29, 2024, 12:08:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Newb .. Trying to get my head around Spark 2 .. Sonar .. Error also  (Read 1584 times)

aidanodr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Guys,

I got Spark 2 via V Collection recently. My sequencer / DAW is Sonar Platinum. I load it up in a track and here is the error I get:

SPARK CONTROLLER CONNECTING .. Connection Failed.

I just have Spark 2 but I do not have or will not be getting a controller which I assume is a Spark Creative Drum Machine??

To get rid of the error I opened prefs and set controller detection to manual. Is this correct??

Stupid Q time :D - Spark 2 can be used as a standalone plugin and / or with a Spark Creative Drum Machine? You can use Spark 2 just as a plugin on its own?

Could someone just give me a quick overview of how to control Spark plugin in a Sonar Track ( or at least in general in a sequencer )? OK, set up patterns and songs in Spark itself but how do you get these into a track in Sonar?? Via drag /drop ... EXPORT under SEQUENCER tab?

Sorry for the Qs - just trying to get the concept into my head of how Spark 2 works ..

Thanks Guys

aidanodr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
OK,

After a bit more exploring I think I have it cracked. Just drag the export current patterns to the track from the Spark 2 plugin Sequencer panel. Make sure HOST is disabled in the top right of the Spark 2 plugin window.

Re the SPARK CONTROLLER CONNECTING .. Connection Failed error .. going to Prefs & setting controller detection to manual is OK to deal with this? I dont have a controller for it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines