March 28, 2024, 10:46:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I can't Open a Cubase project!  (Read 3367 times)

JAH73

I can't Open a Cubase project!
« on: May 01, 2015, 09:43:49 pm »
Hi to Everybody!

I'm a new user of this forum, this is my first post and may the reason wasn't this...

I've been working days in a Cubase (8 pro) project, and in the last season I've been working I open for one of the tracks the plugin (Analog lab, from Arturia V Collection 3), I saved the project and close... when this evening I tried to open again the project, when Cubase is trying start the mix console, when it tries to open the plugin an error window opens saying: "Could not open plugin's preferences".... I try to click "OK" but I can't.... Cubase doesn't response... I've tried to uninstall the plugin... but anything!!!!

Please, what can I do?

Thanks in advance!
P.D.: I'm user of MacBook Pro (Yosemite)

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Re: I can't Open a Cubase project!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 09:47:30 pm »
This has happened in Pro Tools 12 also, and Arturia is aware of it.
Several folks on this forum are Beta Testing the next version of Analog Lab and submitting such anomalies so that Arturia can reproduce them in order to work the bugs out.

A work around that has been successful in the meantime is to instantiate an individual synth,ie; Mini V or Arp2600V rather than Analog Lab.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

JAH73

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 09:51:31 pm »
Hi!

Yesterday I've just installed the Arturia Collection 4... The Analog Lab 4 has installed, but when I try to open it in my project, the analog lab 3 opened... now the problen is that Cubase / Analog Lab 3 gives me that problem and I can't open the project..... I need to open that project that I've been working days!!!!

Please, What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 10:05:39 pm »
What worked for me was calling Avid, I let them drive my computer.
They got me to the point of opening the project, I changed the "instance" from Analog Lab to the applicable synth, re-saved it, and am now using the workaround that I explained until the bug is fixed.

I would recommend calling Steinberg's customer support to do the same.

There is no other workaround or remedy on the Arturia end at this time, that I am aware of.  Anyone from Arturia is welcome to chime in.

You can also submit a ticket with Arturia directly, which I would also recommend, as they'll try to take your information such as your computer, make/model, os, DAW, & such and try to re-create the scenario so that they can effectively locate how/why the bug is occurring so that they can remedy it. 

My situation is applicable with regard to Pro Tools 12 and Analog Lab using V-Collection 3. 
There may be specific information, similar to my situation, that applies specifically to Cubase.

In my experience when I was on a PC, anytime I used Cubase for audio and not midi only, it had a habit of crashing my system, but this was 10 years ago.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines