April 25, 2024, 11:25:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Release date  (Read 8171 times)

Lu77

Release date
« on: May 01, 2015, 08:05:31 pm »
Australian shops are saying they'll have stock 11th May which seems unlikely if testing is still going on, are we able to get a better idea of release date? Even May seems unlikely.

But since this piece is such an integral part of any hardware studio, an idea of timing would be very helpful.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:45:31 pm by Lu77 »

tkm421

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Release date
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 06:53:20 am »
Kinda wondering the same myself...

Lu77

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 09:37:49 am »
Seriously, the last news the australian supplier had was 11th may they expected a shipment.

This is obviously wrong.

An indication of where Arturia are up to with this products firmware, and a loose eta would be nice "May" doesn't seem any more feasible than "April" did, so I think you should update the website.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 04:53:51 pm »
Hi , i don't know when the release will be as I'm still testing and would say I'm waiting for the full firmware to fully test BSP.
I know the guys at arturia are work very hard to get the release asap.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Lu77

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 05:29:25 pm »
I emailed Arturia directly and the very kindly said they understood our frustration, but really want to get the product working right so everyone will be happy. They can't give us an exact date but are saying shipping beginning of june at this point.

Frankly it's just a relief to hear something! And I now know to stop looking until atleast mid june when they'll probably start arriving in stores.

Adrien

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 04:04:29 pm »
Hello everyone,

FYI your patience will be rewarded really soon!
The product is awesome, and our test & support & product team is working on good tutorials to help you explore all the possibilities of it.
We took more time to polish the product after great feedbacks we had and all the additional features to make the workflow better in live performance.

Best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Lu77

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 04:51:18 pm »
I do hope the product has shipped by now because it will be a month after shipping date before we see them in Australia.

Nik_Olsen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 01:11:23 am »
I feel like I have been waiting an eternity for my BSP, the suspense is killing me

wouldnt mind but paid for this months ago, and I could have had that money in my bank account earning interest rather than in the music stores account. Keep thinking there better be a copy of miniV in the box as compensation ;)

Lu77

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 01:01:31 pm »
Yeah I've definitely learnt not to pre order from Arturia, that's for sure!

What's sad is, I'd been waiting three months for this, my dad died a few weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for this. He'll be gone two months by the time it arrives. I know it seems an odd perspective, but my whole life has changed and been turned upside down, and I can't even describe the number of things that have happened in my life just in the last few weeks.

Yet this company STILL hasn't gotten in gear enough to put a product out. Really. Perspective.

My suggestion is that in future. Don't announce a product until you KNOW a product is ready. Because you just look incompetent, while I wrap up a mans entire life, you're still messing around with your little product you still can't make work properly.

It should also be noted that we aren't getting refunds for the first beat step which was so poorly executed as to be unusable musically.

And your "apology" is not to fix the first product, but to make us pay 200% more for a replacement which still won't fix or even work with the original product.

And you have a reputation for doing this to your customers, this is not the first time, let's be honest.

Sure, your product isn't as important as a mans life, but your business is responsible for a whole lot of people's livelihoods and you really are doing a spectacular job of letting down your customers and hence your employees.

You need to do better.

I'll also suggest you are understaffed in software, since they're not meeting deadlines, and you need more experienced programmers.

Nik_Olsen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 01:56:36 pm »
LU77 I did read up on the old beatstep and noticed quite a lot of negative points from owners about functionality which did kind of give me reservations about buying the original and I was having second thoughts about the BSP

Typically I am usually a late adopter of gear as I want to know it has bugs ironed out but having seen the videos of the BSP at NAMM it appeared to definitely fill my requirements so I took the plunge thinking it was due to be out in April which would have been perfect as I was working on local bands project and thought it might add a different dimension to how I work

In defence of Arturia I can see they have gotten a lot of flack for releasing kit with some form of functionality missing and I get the impression they are trying to ensure that's not the case with the BSP as I'm sure they would rather have happy customers and not have to deal with aggravated customers.

In regards to your father that's always sad to hear, I've lost both my parents in recent years so you have my thoughts especially as it's still fresh in your mind.
My advice would be to make the BSP as a positive reminder that you associate with your fathers
passing, every time you use it I'm sure a smile will come on your face remembering the good times with your dad.

Lu77

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 02:06:32 pm »
Good advice, thanks Nik, but I do hope Arturia improves their game, for their employees sake most of all.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2015, 02:50:44 pm »
Hi all , I've been testing the BSP for a few months now and can say the delay was due to an issue i found . this delayed production by a month and as a producer i wanted bsp to work out of the box how it should , i don't get paid by arturia and have spent a lot of time testing to make sure the firmware has no issues . I'm finding the BSP a great asset to my music and good fun.
The bsp has been designed to have all the functions that the original could not have .
If you have any questions please ask ,i'm glad to help you out.

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Lu77

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 03:17:43 pm »
Good on you terry for doing a good job, but don't take the delay on your shoulders, the schedule was out of whack before they even began testing.

Vertflyer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 04:34:34 pm »
Excited for this.

Any updates on ETA?

Nik_Olsen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 01:32:33 pm »