March 29, 2024, 12:00:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to turn off Factory Preset Write Protection?  (Read 4304 times)

donco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How to turn off Factory Preset Write Protection?
« on: April 26, 2015, 04:49:08 pm »
How can i turn off Factory Preset Write Protection on Windows Vista? I want to edit the factory presets and dont save them as a new preset. Thank you for your help.

LBH

Re: How to turn off Factory Preset Write Protection?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 06:01:20 pm »
How can i turn off Factory Preset Write Protection on Windows Vista? I want to edit the factory presets and dont save them as a new preset. Thank you for your help.

You can't overwrite factory preset's. Only user preset's. This is standard.

donco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 06:10:54 pm »
I know that it is standard but there must be a way. Is it possible to edit the labo2.db to disable the write protection?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 06:25:13 pm »
I meant it was standard not only for Arturia but also for other manufactures.

Maybe you can turn of the file protection in Vista, but that will not give you the oppotunity to select "overwrite" instad of "new preset" when you  try to "save as" that's the only option for factory preset's in Analog Lab.

I guess you can turn all the factory preset's into user preset's and then remove the factory  preset database. But keep the original databases as a back-up if you try, just in case.

EDIT: That is if you have a preset database. I have'nt. It looks like the factory preset's is embeded.
I have actually posted a question about this in the forum. Still no answer about it.

EDIT 2: Also if you get a update of Analog Lab, then i guess you will get the factory preset's installed again. Perhaps your own edited preset's even would be overwrited if you don't save them as user preset's. That would be my guess, as it's logical. Also if you have to reinstall.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:48:52 pm by LBH »

donco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 07:23:44 pm »
Thanks for your reply and help. Yes, they are embeded. Thats the problem...

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 05:44:41 pm »
I meant it was standard not only for Arturia but also for other manufactures.

Maybe you can turn of the file protection in Vista, but that will not give you the oppotunity to select "overwrite" instad of "new preset" when you  try to "save as" that's the only option for factory preset's in Analog Lab.

I guess you can turn all the factory preset's into user preset's and then remove the factory  preset database. But keep the original databases as a back-up if you try, just in case.

EDIT: That is if you have a preset database. I have'nt. It looks like the factory preset's is embeded.
I have actually posted a question about this in the forum. Still no answer about it.

EDIT 2: Also if you get a update of Analog Lab, then i guess you will get the factory preset's installed again. Perhaps your own edited preset's even would be overwrited if you don't save them as user preset's. That would be my guess, as it's logical. Also if you have to reinstall.

If there is a preset that is in the ballpark, edit it, and when you go to "Save As", personalize the title.  You retain the factory setting while getting to keep a personal preset.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

LBH

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 07:30:08 pm »
You retain the factory setting .....

Yes and that's exactly what Donco wanted to avoid in that procedure. :)

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 08:11:23 pm »
You retain the factory setting .....

Yes and that's exactly what Donco wanted to avoid in that procedure. :)

Unfortunately, no workaround.  You do end up with more presets as a result.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

LBH

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 09:10:35 pm »
You do end up with more presets as a result.

exactly. :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines