March 28, 2024, 03:12:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SOLVED...controller freezes after a few minutes..crashing FL..  (Read 7919 times)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: help! controller freezes after a few minutes..crashing FL..
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 08:36:51 am »
Hi adam , i'm not a pc user so not sure how much i can help . but have you tried another computer ? if its happening in standalone all you need to do is install the demo and plug in the controller and have a play.
see if its still a problem .
If you where on a mac i would say delete the midi drivers for sparkle .so not sure if that possible in pc .as it could be corrupted .

hope it helps a bit

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

mr_j

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 05:49:11 pm »
Yes it freezes stand alone...as well..infact its worse stand alone...some times the connection just fails and in stand alone so it doesnt get a chance to freeze...

your problem seems very similar to the one i had.
when it freezes, does windows still recognizes the sparkle ?

can you copy paste your task manager here ?

may be check your usb port power savings option (should be disabled)

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 08:03:38 pm »
may be check your usb port power savings option (should be disabled)

That's probably some very good advice mr_j.

Adam Jones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 02:01:13 am »
I wont say fine but yes!...the software works...it works with a few crashes here and there. Sometimes if im trying to change kits or save a kit it will crash FL...Or if its stand alone...which is crappy but at least it does function. The main problems occur when i manage to connect the controller. If it connects at all.
 I know from experience with a microbrute Arturia will say "send it back" i will probably recieve another with the same problem about 6 weeks later. And $20 spent on postage...? i have an old 32bit laptop and im going to try if it runns on that to see if the hardware  is faulty or if its system or software based...
But to answer your question it kinda works when the controller is not connected. There are bugs though but i think they are probably the same buggs everyone is experiencing from what ive been researching...

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 05:51:18 am »
Did you happen to check usb ports' power management settings as mr_j mentioned?

Adam Jones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2015, 01:18:15 am »
Solved....!
Arturia team sent me a link to 2.1.1 version and it worked straight away! Ran for 2 hrs first time no problem and 3 hrs the following day...i think its safe to say they have worked it out.
i did try it on a 32bit windows laptop and it worked fine. I never had a chance to check the power saving on the usb however i will check and report back. It is a clever suggestion. And yes the sytem failed to recognize the controller once it crashed and only a reboot would make it recognized again.
Thanks to everyone for thier suggested solutions. I did suggest a few back to Arturia...although the process was slow it has restored faith in forums and communities. Oh yes and technical support at Artiria.
now back to trying to make music.

Adam Jones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: SOLVED...controller freezes after a few minutes..crashing FL..
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2015, 06:04:44 am »
Out of interest i un installed 2.1.1 and reinstalled 2.1.0...problem back...
i changed the power settings for the usb powersave off and 2nd hard drive where the arturia sound files are stored so there is no power saving and.....problem gone with 2.1.0...you legend...
i will go back to 2.1.1 but very clever.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines