March 29, 2024, 10:49:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How do I get a preset that I edited/saved/renamed in Arp2600 V to appear in AL.  (Read 10881 times)

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Like I said.
I edited, saved under a new name the factory preset Dub01 with a new name using my initials first , "TFS_Dub01" which appears in the list of presets in ARP2600 V just fine, but doesn't show up in the library when I open up Analog Lab, using the ARP2600 V in the filter.

Any tips?
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

LBH

Analog Lab uses it's own presets. It's not the same the individual applications use.
So if you edit a preset, then you shall save it in Analog Lab using "save" or "save as" at the top of Analog Lab applikation.

You can for instance - thru "Edit" in the "Filter view" in Analog Lab - select a preset you have made in a original app like for instance ARP 2600, and then save this preset in Analog Lab using Analog Labs save preset options.
You can also edit a sound this way and then save the edit's as a preset in Analog Lab.

You can read this section in Analog Lab's manual "4.2.4 Saving a User preset". More about save possiblities in the manual.
You find the manuals here: http://www.arturia.com/support/downloads&manuals

The point is, that a preset you made in a original synth don't appear in Analog Lab  because it's in the original synth. You also have to save the preset in Analog Lab thru the edit original app in Analog Lab as the presets in Analog Lab is it's own.

Hope this help.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:09:13 pm by LBH »

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Analog Lab uses it's own presets. It's not the same the individual applications use.
So if you edit a preset, then you shall save it in Analog Lab using "save" or "save as" at the top of Analog Lab applikation.

You can for instance - thru "Edit" in the "Filter view" in Analog Lab - select a preset you have made in a original app like for instance ARP 2600, and then save this preset in Analog Lab using Analog Labs save preset options.
You can also edit a sound this way and then save the edit's as a preset in Analog Lab.

You can read this section in Analog Lab's manual "4.2.4 Saving a User preset". More about save possiblities in the manual.
You find the manuals here: http://www.arturia.com/support/downloads&manuals

The point is, that a preset you made in a original synth don't appear in Analog Lab  because it's in the original synth. You also have to save the preset in Analog Lab thru the edit original app in Analog Lab as the presets in Analog Lab is it's own.

Hope this help.

Thank you.  That's what I was wondering.  I had added some controller assignments in ARP2600V to the original preset, then copied it with a user name.  Perhaps now, I'll just assign the controllers, keep the name the same, then recall in in Analog Lab, then copy/rename the preset in Analog Lab for future use.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

LBH

Thank you.  That's what I was wondering.  I had added some controller assignments in ARP2600V to the original preset, then copied it with a user name.  Perhaps now, I'll just assign the controllers, keep the name the same, then recall in in Analog Lab, then copy/rename the preset in Analog Lab for future use.

your welcome. Glad i could help.

I'm not sure i understand your workflow with controller settings. Hope it works for you.
Analog Lab has it's own controller settings.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY

your welcome. Glad i could help.

I'm not sure i understand your workflow with controller settings. Hope it works for you.
Analog Lab has it's own controller settings.

Each "V" has its own "Learn" function so that you can assign multiple parameters to controllers.  Not just mod wheel stuff, but deeper/weirder combinations.  I wanted to carry these over to Analog Lab.  I'll try it in the original preset as I described above, which I think will carry over.  It was just my own named preset in the the "V" that I was hoping to import into the Analog Library.  I'll do some more knob tweaking & such & see what other combinations I can come up with.

LBH

Each "V" has its own "Learn" function so that you can assign multiple parameters to controllers.  Not just mod wheel stuff, but deeper/weirder combinations.  I wanted to carry these over to Analog Lab.  I'll try it in the original preset as I described above, which I think will carry over.  It was just my own named preset in the the "V" that I was hoping to import into the Analog Library.  I'll do some more knob tweaking & such & see what other combinations I can come up with.

that's what i thought you meant. You don't get those controller assignments from the original app with you to Analog Lab. You will have to make new assigments in Analog Lab.

EDIT: I guess stuff like aftertouch is set in the preset. But a knob control set to a specifik knob in the original V will not go with the preset to Analog Lab. Analog Lab has a different layout than the originals.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 11:07:38 pm by LBH »

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY

that's what i thought you meant. You don't get those controller assignments from the original app with you to Analog Lab. You will have to make new assigments in Analog Lab.

EDIT: I guess stuff like aftertouch is set in the preset. But a knob control set to a specifik knob in the original V will not go with the preset to Analog Lab. Analog Lab has a different layout than the originals.

Gotcha.  Well, if I really want to use those particular assignments in a recorded performance, I can always instantiate that particular "V" rather than Analog Lab.

LBH

Gotcha.  Well, if I really want to use those particular assignments in a recorded performance, I can always instantiate that particular "V" rather than Analog Lab.

Yes -  or in Analog Lab especially if you have made a multi in Analog Lab you wan't to use. Do what goes best in the specifik case, i would say. But mostly i use the originals my self in DAW projects. But for live situations Analog Lab also have some features.

Cheers

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Yup, works like a charm.
Thanks again for your help.
Where where do you hail?
I hail from Seattle.

LBH

Great.

I hail from Copenhagen.

Late, so this is my last post today.

Cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines