March 28, 2024, 11:38:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Factory and Mac Protools 11.  (Read 7517 times)

James Lugo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Factory and Mac Protools 11.
« on: April 06, 2015, 11:26:52 pm »
I am having the hardest time to get this to work. I have had it for years and have recently tried getting it up and running on my Mac PT11HDX system running 10.9.5. We have gotten the account straightened out and received the activation code, we installed the program which shows up as a stand alone and works when you press the keyboard keys with the mouse but does not recognize our 32-notes Universal MIDI Controller - Powered by CME controller. We cannot get the keyboard to work with AF but it works fine with all my other programs. Also we cannot get the soft are to show up with an Instrument or Audio track in protools the plugin is in the plugin folder; Analog Factory.dpm. I am at a loss, I have actually gone through this in the past with this software and finally gave up but I really need it. Tech support has been email periodically but not really making it happen, so does anyone know what to do? We've tried hunting down a firmware update for the keyboard but it seems to be eluding me. Very disappointed, it's like groundhog day because we have gone through this before. Not sure why this software has to be so difficult to deal with. Anyway, if anyone can email or call me and lend a hand it would greatly appreciated.

Thanks
James
818 259 0190
james@jameslugo.com

James Lugo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Analog Factory and Mac Protools 11.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 07:53:09 pm »
Anyone? Still no sign from tech support.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 10:35:00 pm »
Is your instrument track with its corresponding audio track, including cross referenced busses setup properly?
I found out how to do this on the Avid forum.  That's how I was able to solve my problem.  It turned out it wasn't anything to do with Arturia itself, but rather, my learning curve in acclimating to Pro Tools from another DAW.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

James Lugo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 11:23:29 pm »
Is your instrument track with its corresponding audio track, including cross referenced busses setup properly?
I found out how to do this on the Avid forum.  That's how I was able to solve my problem.  It turned out it wasn't anything to do with Arturia itself, but rather, my learning curve in acclimating to Pro Tools from another DAW.

Tony,

Not sure I am following you, I usually just run VI on an Instrument track. Is there a different set up for this? I did check my plugin lists with audio, aux and instrument tracks and could not find the plug in anywhere but the plug is in the correct folder on my System Drive.

Thanks for the response.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 11:35:01 pm »
At a minimum, even with that, you should see some midi activity, even if you don't hear the audio from it.

Here's a link to the Avid forum where I figured out how to properly set up an instrument track in PT.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=366117

Here's some other helpful info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzbKI2O2Ca8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vID3vx-7oHA

Probably most recent:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEB9t2sSr6U&list=PL31EyfdbzAT7VAQyEl22FLSgEIDj57kj6&index=6
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:41:55 pm by TonyFlyingSquirrel »
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

James Lugo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 01:30:15 am »
No Tony the plug in doesn't show up. All my midi/usb stuff works fine, all my other VI show up fine, it's that I can't seem to get Analog Factory to work. But yeah I am not having any system or protools issues it that AF is not working except for the stand alone version and with that I can't get it to see it's own keyboard.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:19:36 am by James Lugo »

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 02:07:06 pm »
So, as you say, it doesn't show up.  Are you saying that in PT, it does not appear in the list of plugins/virtual instruments at all?

If so, it sounds like you need to re-scan your plugins.  I do this as I install new plugins just to ensure that PT senses them and includes them in the list of plugins when it starts up.

There is a program that you can use to dump PT's preferences and re-scan at will that someone from the PT forum posted.  I'll see if I can find that link in a bit later this morning.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 02:56:40 pm »
Ok, as I mentioned, there is a program where you can manually dump PT preferences in favor of your own, and re-scan your plugins manually.

Here's the thread on the PT forum where in post #6, a program was introduced to me, which I installed, ran, and successfully got my stuff to show up in PT's list of plugins/virtual instruments.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=366072

Hope this helps.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 03:03:32 pm »
Yep this could help !
Thanks !
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines