March 28, 2024, 01:49:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to get Analog Lab and/or V-Col. to show up in list of Virtual Instruments  (Read 2681 times)

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Long story short.
Bought V-Collection, love it.
Installed it prior to purchasing/receiving/installing Pro Tools 12.
I see my Laboratory 49 Controller in the "input" list, but output list only shows "The Laboratory 49" midi channels 1-16.  I thought for sure I'd see lists of each instrument, i.e.; Mini V, Arp V, etc... or at least Analog Lab at a minimum.
Once I can get this functioning, I'll just create templates to preserve the setup so each blank session begins the same way and I can begin arming/recording tracks right away.
Any counsel would be most helpful and appreciated.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

ben arturia

• Administrator
In order to load an Instrument of the Vcoll on a track you need to create a new track.
Go to track then New.
Then select Stereo/instrument Track/ticks
Then click on an insert slot (open mixer to see inserts) then select Multichannel plugin then instrument and click on the instrument you want to load.
.......testing.......

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
In order to load an Instrument of the Vcoll on a track you need to create a new track.
Go to track then New.
Then select Stereo/instrument Track/ticks
Then click on an insert slot (open mixer to see inserts) then select Multichannel plugin then instrument and click on the instrument you want to load.

Thanks Ben.  Did that, only the CS-80 show up along with the demo of Spark.
By the way. None of the other synths in the V-collection show up in the Mono Instrument selection.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

ben arturia

• Administrator
You should select stereo.
Did you check AAX during install ?
.......testing.......

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
You should select stereo.
Did you check AAX during install ?

Yes.  I'm up and running now.  Someone on the Avid/Pro Tools forum suggested a program that enabled me to simply drag/drop plugins from an unused folder to the used folder.  I did that, got up & running in seconds.  All of my V-Collection including Analog Lab are now tested and proven to open up & succesffully operated as designed.  This is in the newly released Pro Tools 12, and so far all of the Arturia products work flawlessly in it.

I had an issue with clicks & pops, and found out that it is because I had "ignore errors" selected in the Playback Engine settings.  Deselected that, now the whole thing runs stellar, and very discreet/quiet too, barely any line noise and that's from the power amps in my powered M-Audio studio monitors.

Looks like I'm good to go. 

Thanks for your help!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines