March 28, 2024, 02:56:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Another Keylab Keyboard Issue  (Read 2397 times)

jumbojock

Another Keylab Keyboard Issue
« on: March 22, 2015, 10:14:24 pm »
Hi folks

Replacing my old MIDI synths with MIDI/USB controllers for live work (Facebook:Genesisn't). Bought Keylab 61 from Thomann.de. After opening, connected up to V-Collection on Mac. Immediately, faults apparent.

Low C1 key sticks, only for a moment but enough to stop fast play. Also, in a live situation I use the C1 and C#1 keys to patch select in Mainstage 3. Can't afford to have wrong selection live.

Two of the F# keys and an A# key require a bit of pressure to trigger a note. All of the others trigger on or just before full depression. Obviously this isn't an issue when playing piano chords but playing solos for In the Cage and Firth of Fifth need a keybed that's reliable.

I've added a link to a shared file pointing out the problems:https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=abf000ac162f0793&id=ABF000AC162F0793%214108&ithint=video,wmv&authkey=!AJLzdcQEkCNhTSY

Thomann are arranging a replacement - excellent service so far. However, this has led me on to varying fora which all seem to point to a quality control issue with the keyboards on the 25, 49 and 61's. I'd be grateful if someone from Arturia might comment on the issue.

jj

Dav1d

Re: Another Keylab Keyboard Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 10:44:33 am »
I've seen this issue in rare occasion.
You can check the KeyWeights to make sure they are not stycky or loose.

jumbojock

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 08:44:29 am »
Thank you, David. The Keylab went straight back, but how would I have checked the KeyWeights? It sounds like I might have had to disassemble the instrument.

jj

Amalgamoth

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 08:32:57 am »
Never disassemble the unit if you want to keep your warranty valid!
Screws out <> Warranty void

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines