March 29, 2024, 07:50:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Necessary to turn off some midi connections ????? sparkLE wont connect to plugin  (Read 2165 times)

banderan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hey Im useing Spark LE on Cubase 7.5 it worked just fine untill now with the Plugin VST Spark 2

then it wont connect anymore to the VST plugin it says i should turn off some midi connections ?? i tried with no luck

any idea's?

Rfaith

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
A few months have passed, and now a new person has these problems too!  ::)

In my case I think it's a conflict between SparkLE and my Focusrite 2i2 ASIO drivers (but still not sure) since if I switch to ASIO4ALL I can get some limited fuctionality but the sound is only through my computer speakers.

I have the Focusrite 2i2 and also a Creative/E-Mu 2x2 MIDI interface each installed with their respective drivers and it seems that something in this setup is making SparkLE incredibly unreliable - to the point where I can't come to record an idea with any confidence that I will get the system to work at all.

The SparkLE surface usually doesn't connect to the software either standalone or in a DAW (Sony Acid Pro 7 and/or Ableton Live 9 Lite) even when neither DAW has selected the SparkLE ports. I'm getting to the point where I will either go back to a hardware drum machine and abandon any idea of involving a computer in the recording process (always thought it might be a bad idea, and I'm sadly feeling vindicated). The strange interaction between my Focusrite 2i2 and the SparkLE is my present avenue of research, and I'm wondering whether the 2i2 (which uses Focusrite Drivers but shows some default drivers were also being used) is sharing a driver with the SparkLE - which I believe uses standard Windows drivers (I'm on Windows 8.1) and, even though one is an audio device, is confusing the SparkLE into thinking it doesn't have exclusive access to its ports (or something).

Bit sad to have a room full of dedicated hardware that I can switch on and work with, and a computer for minor sequencing and SparkLE that is a struggle and a gamble every time I boot it up. Seems that even with 25 years in IT there are still murky patches to discover. Hoping I can get things to work. If I make some kind of miraculous breakthrough I'll post it here (I've had a few false starts!). For now, it's just a freakin' nightmare.

universallifeenergy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi guys, is terrible but I've the same issue, I'm sure the problem are the Asio Drivers. I've Steinberg UR22 and sometimes the spark working well with their, but no Always...I Think is a great roulette. At this time, I've not a solution, I ask to Arturia's Team and if I have any answer I will send you at this wall
We Hope but.....no much  ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines