April 26, 2024, 12:57:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Couple of SparkLE Questions  (Read 1434 times)

BearBoy

Couple of SparkLE Questions
« on: March 10, 2015, 12:20:06 pm »
Hello.

New to the forum and wondered if anyone might be able to answer a couple of questions for me.

I am interested in buying the SparkLE and wanted to know if there is a complete list of the included kits/sounds anywhere. The product page mentions some of the kits but does not appear to be a full list. I have also downloaded the manual but again it does not include this information.

I would also like to use the controller with Toontrack's EZ Drummer 2 (in Reaper). Interested to know if anyone has tried this and what their experiences were.

Many thanks,
BB

CC4

• Beta-testers
Re: Couple of SparkLE Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 08:11:11 pm »
Even if all of the kits & sounds were listed, I don't think their names would help you out all that much.  For example, what does "Rated-R South" sound like?  Well, I can tell you it's a 66bpm Hip-Hop Project/Kit.  It has a Kick, Clap Snare, two claps, some cymbals and shakers, and a bunch of bass & snyth noises spread across it's 16 pads.  It may be more useful to know that you get the Vintage Drum Machines, Spark Factory, & Spark 2 Factory projects/kits.  You also get a set of templates and I think a small sampling of two of the expansion packs. (& If you're lucky enough to buy Spark2 during the Anniversary Deal promotion, you also get the 4 expansion packs -- which I don't know anything about).  The stock banks are broken down into different styles:  Creative and FXs, Drum and bass, Dub, Dubstep, Electro, Genre Blend, Hip Hop, House, Industrial, Jazz, Latin, Minimal, Pop, RnB, and Rock.  Some styles have more kits than others.

BearBoy

Re: Couple of SparkLE Questions
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 10:51:23 am »
Many thanks for the reply CC4.

I was mainly interested in the emulated vintage drum machines so I think you've answered my question by saying it includes the kits from Spark Vintage Drum Machines.

Have you tried using the controller with any other, i.e. non Arturia, drum software?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines