July 19, 2019, 07:27:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Modded/Hacked Analog Lab 49 for use with other keybed  (Read 1677 times)

JohannW

Modded/Hacked Analog Lab 49 for use with other keybed
« on: March 04, 2015, 06:49:03 pm »
I've attached photos of a hacked (literally, I used a hack saw) for my Arturia Analog Experience keyboard.  Didn't like the keys but loved the integration with the Arturia software. I use a Komplete Kontrol for keys and DAW control and now I have a compact Dedicated Arturia controller that fits beautifully in my setup.

Did this in a couple of hours.  Removed all screws at the bottom, removed keybed and mod wheel assembly, removed end panels.  Used a jigsaw to cut end panels on an angle and then had to cut one small piece of metal used to attach right end panel using a hand held hack saw.  Used black cardboard and electricians tape to enclose the electronics.  So pleased with the results! Sits flat or at an angle.  I left a lip on the front edge so it catches the edge of the desk shelf when on an angle.

Semaphore55

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Modded/Hacked Analog Lab 49 for use with other keybed
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 07:26:22 am »
Nice! I am considering something like this as well.

What did you do with your old Keybed?

JohannW

Re: Modded/Hacked Analog Lab 49 for use with other keybed
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 06:10:07 pm »
Tossed it - thought about using it in a sculpture but already have other old keyboards for that.  Had lots of unevenness in the action of the keys so not great for MIDI control ime.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines