March 29, 2024, 06:03:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep and Reason/Kong  (Read 4316 times)

Neosashi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Beatstep and Reason/Kong
« on: February 26, 2015, 06:23:58 pm »
Anybody here use beatstep with Propellerhead Reason? I am having an issue being able to assign the pads to control parameters. I can get the encoder knobs to control various parameters in Reason easy, but having an issue with the pads. Also, any body use beatstep's pads to trigger Kong's pads and have any luck?

JuleRool

• Apprentice
Re: Beatstep and Reason/Kong
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 04:42:04 pm »
Unfortunately there are no codecs for the beatstep to be used with the propellerheads reason which makes things complicated... The beatstep is definitely not the device to pick up with propellerheads reason...

Phil_G

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Beatstep and Reason/Kong
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 04:20:25 pm »
Anybody here use beatstep with Propellerhead Reason? I am having an issue being able to assign the pads to control parameters. I can get the encoder knobs to control various parameters in Reason easy, but having an issue with the pads. Also, any body use beatstep's pads to trigger Kong's pads and have any luck?

Have you tried THIS. CNTRL/SEQ button on the BeatStep switches to the pad control. That blog should help. The BEATSTEP has 3 separate midi channels you have to set reason up to use all three. There needs to be a lua codec for reason!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines