March 29, 2024, 12:15:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab aax plugin not loaded by Protools  (Read 16944 times)

fortissimo

Analog Lab aax plugin not loaded by Protools
« on: February 25, 2015, 03:49:28 pm »
Hope someone can help fix or work around this please.
Running 10.8 / protools express. Bought analog lab with keylab 49. Updated all versions.

On load PTex gives err msg "protools would not load the following plugins because no valid authorization could be found, the Ilok key was not connected or the plugin was damaged"     Analog Lab.aaxplugin

Have no idea how to make it recognise the aax authorization, I updated AL from Elicenser to Arturia Software Centre licence. Made no difference.

Investigated workaround - use VST or RTAS? Can't find RTAS version. In the /library/Arturia folder there are vst and vst3 versions - should these be in the library/application support/avid/audio/plugins/arturia folder (where the Analog Lab.aaxplugin is, but nothing else)?

PTex should run aax32 / rtas / vst plugins - Analog Lab appears to be a 64bit plugin - could this be the problem? if so is there a 32bit version I could roll back to?

So ideally, could someone from Arturia let me know how to make PTexpress recognise the licence for Analog Lab, or suggest a way around this.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Disappointing to buy the Keylab on the strength of the sounds then find they don't work with protools!

johnnyp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Analog Lab aax plugin not loaded by Protools
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 11:06:38 pm »
I'm having the same problem

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 04:30:40 am »
Do you have an iLok for Pro Tools.
Analog Lab may not need one, but Pro Tools does.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 09:49:32 am »
Hi all,

AnalogLab is not compatible with any minor version of ProTools sorry.
We are compatible with ProTools 10 & 11 HD.
.......testing.......

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 02:48:46 pm »
Hi all,

AnalogLab is not compatible with any minor version of ProTools sorry.
We are compatible with ProTools 10 & 11 HD.

Hi Ben.  Victor told me via a support ticket that Analog Lab is supported in Pro Tools 11 software, where my antiquated item, The Laboratory is not.  I have V Collection about to arrive any day now as I recently purchased it from B&H.  He told me that is supported as well.  Your statement above seems to bring that back into question.

Can you confirm please?
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 03:15:45 pm »
I confirm that we are compatible with pro tools 10 HD & 11 HD
.......testing.......

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 03:50:21 pm »
I confirm that we are compatible with pro tools 10 HD & 11 HD

Please, allow me to be more specific.
Will Analog Lab and/or V-Collection 3 work with this, which I just ordered based on Victor's counsel?  http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PTSuppFTDuoBun 

Yes, or No?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 04:05:46 pm by TonyFlyingSquirrel »

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 05:05:35 pm »
You should ask what is the exact version of PT included with your bundle.
Usually with a sound card they provide PT express.
.......testing.......

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 05:19:23 pm »
You should ask what is the exact version of PT included with your bundle.
Usually with a sound card they provide PT express.

Did you view the link?
It clearly states "with upgrade to Pro Tools 11"
Please view the link, read the info, and provide me with a clear answer of "yes" or "no".
I've spent a considerable amount of money this past week on not just Pro Tools 11, but on V-Collection as well.

I'd like to have the confidence that the answer I see online on the Arturia forum is consistent with the answer that I received directly from Arturia via a support ticket with Victor.

Can you do that?

I'm sorry to be so frank, but these are major financial investments for the consumer such as myself.  With software being "un-returnable", we as consumers would like to know that the answers to our questions before the purchase are consistent after the purchase as well, from within the same organization.

I'll look forward to your timely response.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 05:26:46 pm »
I've been looking at your link.
It's not clearly displayed witch version of PT is provided in the pack.
You should ask Avid about this.
Sorry but i can't tell you much more. We are compat with main version of PT not PT express.
.......testing.......

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 05:35:19 pm »
I've been looking at your link.
It's not clearly displayed witch version of PT is provided in the pack.
You should ask Avid about this.
Sorry but i can't tell you much more. We are compat with main version of PT not PT express.

Thank you Dave, I think your last sentence is providing me with the clarification that I've been requesting.

In the first paragraph of the description section of the link, you'll find the following:
"This value-packed bundle provides you with a great-sounding portable USB audio interface and the latest version of Avid Pro Tools "

The keyword, "latest" has been bold-ed for your benefit.
The latest, commercially available version of Pro Tools is 11.

These facts combined with your clarification above indicate that Analog Lab is indeed compatible with Avid's latest release of Pro Tools 11.

I will confirm this on Wednesday, March 25th, 2015 when my package arrives, but for now, I think we are all now finally on the same page.

This could have been handled more quickly in my opinion if your U.S. offices had phone support, which is an area where Roland and Alesis functioned exemplary in my experience over the past 25 years.

I do hope that Arturia will consider making this adjustment to improve its customer service.  I believe in the product, but I do feel at times that the customer service is an area of growth, with the exception of Victor, who seemed to have been very attentive to this same question last week, and treated it with a sense of urgency. clarity, and friendliness.  I felt very confident that I had received the clarification that I needed, until I read this thread.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:42:09 pm by TonyFlyingSquirrel »

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 08:46:23 am »
Hi TonyFlyingSquirrel,
I guess you understood my first message when i told you that we were not compat with minor version of ProTools.(that was the first question of fortissimo in this thread)
ProTools Express is a minor version of ProTools, that version is usually given with sound card and we are not compat with it.
I hope you will get the full PT11 HD version.

By the way who is Dave  ;D ?
.......testing.......

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 03:43:21 pm »
Hi TonyFlyingSquirrel,
I guess you understood my first message when i told you that we were not compat with minor version of ProTools.(that was the first question of fortissimo in this thread)
ProTools Express is a minor version of ProTools, that version is usually given with sound card and we are not compat with it.
I hope you will get the full PT11 HD version.

By the way who is Dave  ;D ?

My apologies on the name goof up.
Thanks for your help Ben.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 05:20:08 pm »
My version of Analog Lab, which includes V-Collection 3 is running wonderfully in Pro Tools 12.
It wasn't showing up in the plugins at first, but someone on the Pro Tools forum recommended an App that helps re-scan the plugins, and it is functioning flawlessly now.
Here's a link to that thread.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=366072 
Post #6.

This thread appears, unanswered, but it is answered in another section of the forum.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=366117

alfredthegreat

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2020, 01:53:34 pm »
I have the same problem

I run my keylab perfectly with PT HD10, but I want to work my analog lab I, V... as a plug in insert, but it doesn't appear. I see in Pro Tools folder AAX plug ins that I have a folder inside called Arturia and there were all the AXX plug inside the folder DPM plug ins there isn't nothing. Thats about pro tools folder.

In my system, I go to libraries/audio/ plug ins/ components, and there I see Analog Lab 4.component and and Analog lab 5.component.
ok
in libraries/audio/plug ins/ VST I see Analog Lab4. vst Analog Lab V.vst Stage 73.vst etc...
In libraries/audio/plug ins/ VST 3 I see Analog Lab u.vst3... and so forth. It seems that everything is ok and in its place.

Then the question is why on earth don't appear my analog lab insert when I run protoools?

Thanks for all

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines