April 25, 2024, 11:04:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab Category/Preset knobs on "The Laboratory 49" don't work inLive  (Read 4524 times)

JoeM

MCC: 1.1.0
Analog Lab: 1.2.2.47
Hardware: Analog Experience 49
DAW: Ableton 9.1.7 64 & 32bit
Plugin format: VST and AU

In standalone mode the Category/Preset knobs work as expected. The scrolling values, and then the selection value is presented on the keyboard LCD.

In VST/AU they do not work in Ableton, but do in Logic. In Ableton can only select the 1st category or preset by scrolling up, or the 2nd by scrolling down. The keyboard is on the default template mapped as,

Category Search: Relative Control 112 range: 0-127
Preset Search: Relative Control 114 range: 0-127

It seems to work only as a single up/down. The screen on the keyboard shows the CC values when turning the knob and occasionally displays the highlighted text from the Lab. Push button actions do work to select (though only can reach the top 2 values!)

I've tried re-uploading the default temples, restarting the Lab and the hardware keyboard in every possible order you can do.

I get the same buggy browsing behavior in the old "The Laboratory" software in AU/VST mode as well

salaboy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Did you manage to solve this issue?
I've just bought the Arturia Analog Lab to use it with Live and I'm getting this nasty issue with the Laboratory 49.
In standalone mode it works almost ok.. I notice that the select button of the knob is not 100% reacting, but I can live with that.
I would assume that if we find out which MIDI CC is sending the new KEYLab 49 to change categories we can update the old Laboratory mappings to send what is needed.. but the real issue is the different behaviour inside Live 9
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 11:33:42 am by salaboy »

feinbeat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Analog Lab Category/Preset knobs on "The Laboratory 49" don't work inLive
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 09:47:47 pm »
hey folks,

bought a keylab 25 last week and now, I have the same issue with the analog lab vst in Ableton Live 9.5. The preset and filter knobs won´t work correctly. They only make 1 step forward or backwards in Live. In standalone mode both knobs work fine.

Is there any workaround to fix that?

Otherwise the keylab goes back to the music store and I buy a controller which can be used in Ableton Live.

Greetings
feinbeat

salaboy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 09:52:20 pm »
It is really annoying.. I never found a workaround. It will be great to get something to in the mapping improved for ableton 9.5

feinbeat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 10:18:34 pm »
Thx for the fast reply.

Oh no, bad news... :/  I hoped, there is a workaround for that.... the hardware is really nice, but with this really bad software integration fail in Ableton there is only 50 % of the possibilities to work with.

I wonder that this is not fixed till now... there are so many ableton users... can not believe this...

please arturia do us a favor and fix this problem...

salaboy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 10:22:01 pm »
I'm not sure where to ask for that...
If you find the correct channel please let me know because I'm in the same situation.
Cheers

feinbeat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 10:37:13 pm »
yes of course, I hope we find a fix, but I think there is no solution for this problem... my studio partner told me that the arturia support is uninterested to fix problems... he sold all arturia devices for this reason... :/

but what to buy? I have no idea? I have a Maschine Studio, Ableton and Logic. Any suggests? ;)

salaboy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 11:46:08 pm »
I'm starting to think that Moog is the only way out hehe.
Because Arturia has really good hardware, but they definitely need to work on the integration with Ableton.
I notice that they partner up with Bitwig studio, but the problem seems to be related with the VST plugin, so it might also affect that as well.

Old_School

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 04:57:27 am »
This was an old issue that unbelievably is still around even though both Ableton Live and the Arturia software have been updated a few times since the issue first became known. The only solution back then was to use a third party midi software and a script as a go between. Unfortunately I forgot the name of the software but will try and find it again.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines